cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for sample letters for getting charge offs updated

tag
karrieu

Looking for sample letters for getting charge offs updated

I have 3 accounts showing on my credit report as charge offs. I know I have paid these accounts. My lender just told me that i should send a letter to the company reporting the charge off and also send a copy to each of the three reporting agencies. 

Is there any sample letters on here that I can take a look at to do this? Or even if anyone has emails and email addresses for these three below that would be great also.

The companies are:

U of Phoenix

First Premier

Plains Commerce Bank

Thanks

Karrie
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Looking for sample letters for getting charge offs updated

Hi Karrie, you would send GW letters which is a personal letter asking them to delete their trade line as a nice gesture. Personally I just paid a C\O with First Premier and I have sent 5 GW letters to them. Tired of wasting money on stamps lol. I did get a e-mail back from their credit bureau manager stating all GW letters go in the garbage. Thank god I will never need them again.

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 6
karrieu

WOW nice to hear all your hard work and stamp money for FP just went in the garbage. Thats crazy.

Ok I'll look for good will letters thanks

Karrie
Message 3 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You can certainly try. Me personally I gave up and hope that company goes under!!!!

Message 4 of 6
karrieu

Yeah I'm gonna try thats for sure. Maybe I can get lucky (not going to hold my breathe). 

Karrie
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would send them.  Others have had success recently, despite what they may tell people.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.