Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some advice on rebuild

tag
Apollo84

Looking for some advice on rebuild

Hello,

First time posting here, long time browser.  I have been slowly working my way back up from a rough 2013. I was a long time 700+ score holder until my mortgage was sold to AHMSI (now Homeward). Long story short I went late for the first time on a 7 year note, due to medical bils and me losing my renter which set off a horrible chain of events I am finally getting out of.  AHMSI began rejecting my payments from my bank (saying no account found) and only seemed interested in me signing a default letter and getting a HAMP loan.  Then they began holding payments in Escrow until the full amount 90 days was paid (but my payments in Escrow couldn't be used towards it) needless to say losing a few months in escrow and then having to come up with an additional 3 months worth of payments with no rental income put me through the ringer.  After the US District Attorney in NY smacked them down, they knocked it off but I wasn't eligible for the settlement because I did not default.  I am now a year current with Homeward and have caught most of my stuff up to date.  I have one CC 3,500 limit, 30% utl and pay each month, mortgage, and 2 students loans (never late) and one AU with Discover.  What I neglected while dealing with AHMSI is listed below:

1 paid CO with PRA

1 Paid in full Charge off with AMEX

1 Paid in full Charge off with Capital One

1 Public record for medical judgement ( This was a missed account attributed to my wife's maiden name, they caught it and never billed me just sent it straight to court because of the age of the debt, I made arrangements and paid it in full, but they went to a continuance that I was not served ( I was served for the first date) for and filed it as a judgement and then reported it paid the next day, hospital says it can't fix this but acknowledged it's mistake)

1 Charge off with Chase (almost paid off)

1 Charge off with BofA ( 5k to go)

and of course the 90 day lates with AHMSI in 2013

I know I am out of luck with PRA from reading the forums and AMEX denied my letter as well.  I guess my question is guidance on the medical judgement and how long should I begin to seek another card to raise my available credit.  I am sitting at a 617 up from a 570 and am really hoping to crack 700 by 2016, any help anyone may have I would greatly appreciate. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for some advice on rebuild

Once the judgment is paid ask them to file motion to vacate on grounds its been paid or see if you can do this yourself. If it gets done its gone from your CRs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.