Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some advice :)

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Looking for some advice :)

The 2 collections I am not sure what they are yet, I am still trying to get ahold of someone there.  The 4 judgements, 1 has been paid.  (theyve taken nearly 4000 dollars so I am not sure why more have not been paid off, they have not taken any in about a year from me which is odd, seeing as I have 3 more.)  During the time they took the money out the payee had changed from OregonOne to LVNV so maybe one of my other credit reports lists it as being paid.  (in process of getting my freebie reports from TU and experian as I cant do the freebie yearly, denies me every time as wrong info)  The oldest accounts have been closed for years, I hear that helps me?  I also had a bunch of collections and other reports that are not on this report at all, half were not due to fall off report until next year but they are not on equifax.  Once I get my other 2 reports Ill have a better idea but this is what I have to work with for now.  My goal is to raise credit score to get better credit to eventually get a home loan (hoping in 2 or 3 years)  I just got a CapitalOne Platinum card with a 300 limit and an app in for walmart that said I will hear back in a week and an app in for discover who said I will hear back within 30 days.  Another app instant denied for Chase.  Thanks all for any input in helping get this mess cleared up Smiley Happy  Ive waited about 8 years to even start on credit repair, should of started sooner!  Never got a bill for the 2 medical, I think its part of a medical bill I had, I think this was the phlabotomist and nurse fees (every fee was charged seperate by each department) but am not sure as I never got a bill for either of those amounts.

I missed all these court appearances because I never got the papers, I got the original fake warning court papers to get you to pay but never the sealed signed real papers.  They had people try to hand deliver those but I was never home so never got them.  =/  Would of atleast showed up to make payment arrangements if I knew the dates.

JUDGEMENTS

Type: Satisfied Judgment  Date Filed: 07/2011  Case Number: 11****2S        
  Plaintiff: OREGON ONE INC   Defendant: S***** KIRK  

Amount: $2,371  Status:   Date Reported: N/A  Satisfied Date: 07/2013     

Judgment Type: Judgment  Date Filed: 07/2009  Case Number: ******85      

Plaintiff: ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC   Defendant: S******Y KIRK  

Amount: $1,432  Status:   Date Reported: N/A         

Judgment Type: Judgment  Date Filed: 03/2009  Case Number: 09*****27      

Plaintiff: LVNV FUNDING LLC   Defendant: S****** KIRK  

Amount: $1,022  Status:   Date Reported: N/A     

Judgment Type: Judgment  Date Filed: 07/2008  Case Number: *******      
  Plaintiff: CAPITAL ONE BANK N A   Defendant: S***** KIRK

Amount: $1,359  Status:   Date Reported: N/A     

COLLECTIONS

STANISLAUS CREDIT CONTROL  Agency Address: 914 14th St
Modesto, CA 953541011
(209) 523-1813 Date Reported: 10/2012  Date Assigned: 08/2012 

Creditor Classification: Medical/Health Care 

Creditor Name: CALIF EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS 

Accounts Number: D972**8XXXX  Account Owner: Individual Account. 

Original Amount Owned: $361  Date of 1 st Delinquency: 06/2012 

Balance Date: 10/2012  Balance Owned: $361  Last Payment Date : N/A 

Status Date: 10/2012  Status: D - Unpaid  Comments: Medical

STANISLAUS CREDIT CONTROL  Agency Address: 914 14th St
Modesto, CA 953541011
(209) 523-1813 Date Reported: 10/2012  Date Assigned: 08/2012 

Creditor Classification: Medical/Health Care 

Creditor Name: CALIF EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS 

Accounts Number: D972**8XXXX  Account Owner: Individual Account. 

Original Amount Owned: $264  Date of 1 st Delinquency: 06/2012 

Balance Date: 10/2012  Balance Owned: $264  Last Payment Date : N/A 

Status Date: 10/2012  Status: D - Unpaid  Comments: Medical

Account Age

10 Years, 9 Months Average Account Age

10 Years, 4 Months Oldest Account SHELL/CITIBANK CBNA  

(Opened 08/01/2003) Most Recent Account RIVERMARK COMMUNITY  (Opened 02/01/2005)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for some advice :)

Since one judgment has been satisfied you can try filing a motion to vacate on grounds its been paid. Since you did not receive the summons on the others you could try to file motions to vacate on grounds you were improperly served. If you just want to settle I would call one at a time and try to settle for less than is actually owed, do this only if you have the funds to PIf though. On the medical collections I suggest you Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help we cant discuss it on this board, you could also call the hospital and ask that they recall the CA then settle directly with them if they will do it.

Message 2 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I never was given the actual court papers on any of the judgements.  Part of the reason I never went to the court house =/  had no idea.  The debts are mine (stupidly let GF buy what she wanted at the time) so as annoyed as I am with having them, I should pay.  Even if in installments, I cannot pay in full.

I am going to try to call equifax today and see if I can get my free report.  It worked with experian (the annual site refuses me)  Part of me wonders whats on the other reports.  Last year at this time my TU report was littered with collections and other things.  I still have not been able to get into TU yet either.  I think it all fell off my report.

Ill have to figure out where I went for emergency that year and call that hospital.  Still such an odd amount, I was told my insurance did not cover 3800 of the bill, then never got a bill in the mail and 2 years later collection on only about 600 worth of bills.  Hopefully they will take a % of paid in full or installments.  Its a small amount to have on my report.  

Thanks for input! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I am going through my judgements and maybe someone can help me with this?

I have 4 total against me.

Satisfied Judgement: OregonOne $2371 - Will be removed 06/2018

Judgement Asset Acceptance $1432 - Will be removed 06/2016

Judgement LVNV Funding $1077 - Will be removed 06/2015
Judgement CapitalOne Bank NA $1359 - Will be removed 06/2015

I went over my pay stub info for roughly the last 3 years which is before any garnishments and a full year after they stopped.

OregonOne has taken 3033.07

LVNV Funding has taken 443.65

My garnishments went on for about 2 years and stopped mid last year.  Since the OregonOne and LVNV funding were concurrent (OregonOne went for almost 2 years and then LVNV fund followed right after for about 4 months before it stopped) does anyone have any idea why one took more than 700 extra and the other one took 600 less?  The LVNV stopped by itself from garnishing me, I only have the one satisfied judgement across 2 of my credit reports (still waiting on 3rd credit report to come in mail)

Have to wait until Tuesday to call my works hotline number to ask about the garnishments (which half scares me they will start the other 2 that have not shown up at all yet or finish the 3rd and then start the next 2)  Anyone have any advice? Smiley Sad  Its confusing.  

If I add up OregonOne and LVNV what they are due on paper is 3488 dollars, if you add up OregonOne and LVNV funding from my bank statements together they have taken 3476 total.  Very close in number, could they of screwed up my garnishments?  Its odd that one is way over, one is way short but if you add them up they are only about 14 dollars off.  Thank you all for your help!

*edit*
I do have some garnishment papers from my work at home I can review when I get off work in the morning.  I know I have the one packet I got when the OregonOne garnishment was satisfied so will have to check that.  But any help Smiley Very Happy  Very appreceiated!

Message 4 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like you have 3 judgements  unpaid and 2 collections within the SOL.  I would start saving for these now.  It's going to take you some money to clear this up.  After you have the money for the collections, try for a PFD.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Thanks Smiley Happy  Am going to confirm the medical bills are even mine on Tuesday.  If they are, I will read the forums to find out how to approach offering a lesser amount and trying to get it removed from my reports.  (once those are gone its just the judgements, LVNV has half their money already and I still have no idea why the garnishment stopped, so basically 2 garnishments left that will take time to repay.  I have to call on tuesday about that too)  I could pay 50% on each medical now if theyd take it (less would be nicer)

Thanks again

Message 6 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

I just had another quick question,

Does the SOL start when the collection started or when they filed for judgement?

I am thinking they stopped garnishing because it went beyond SOL, if it was not that maybe the fact LVNV is resurgent or something now.

Thanks again very much for the help Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@japakar wrote:

I just had another quick question,

Does the SOL start when the collection started or when they filed for judgement?

I am thinking they stopped garnishing because it went beyond SOL, if it was not that maybe the fact LVNV is resurgent or something now.

Thanks again very much for the help Smiley Very Happy

The judgement would have superceded the SOL, the SOL is there to limit the time they can file for a judgement, which they have done in this case.  No idea why they stopped collecting.  And Resurgent is the same company, different name.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Thanks, I must of been wording it wrong I couldnt find it in google.  I kept finding people asking how to stop garnishments.

Yeah I am very curious why the garnishment stopped halfway through being finished.  I half fear when I call HR today and ask whats going on with the garnishments I will see them start up again on the next check =/  Not so bad to be paying them off, but I need the money to pay off other things right now. (lesser collections that havent gone to court)  

Maybe if I sign up on the resurgent site I can find my info there.  (it has a link to sign up and look, I just havent tried it yet)

Thanks again!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.