cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some help - BK13 Discharged but accounts still reporting negative info monthly

tag
ColYoseph

Looking for some help - BK13 Discharged but accounts still reporting negative info monthly

Hi. I filed for Bankruptcy (Chapter 13), in September of 03. It was discharged completely in October 06. I've paid everything ontime since then, taken out a few crappy rebuild your credit cards, and got a car loan at 10 percent. However, my scores continue to stay in the low 600s, as several creditors continue to report late payments assosicated from pre-BK accounts that were included and discharged. I tried disputing them to Experian, and while some were dropped (in fact several bad accounts deleted, that surprised me), at least 4 continue to post negatively, and 2 now say I filed for BK in April 2008, dragging my score down to 558!

I'm at a loss on what to do here. I've played by the rules yet these companies refuse to. Do I have any recourse or do I just have to take it?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Looking for some help - BK13 Discharged but accounts still reporting negative info monthly

no you don't have to take it.  I am awaiting discharge.  Man, those trustee's are SLLLOOOWWW.  However, you need to be a bulldog about this.

I have fought hard to get my stuff corrected.  I finally gave up trying to work with Experian.  They are awful.  I went right to the creditor.  I wrote letters to their headquarters, their CEO and to their credit reporting departments.

I filed complaints with the FTC and the Better Business Bureau.

I got results.

I also wrote GW letters to those creditors discharged and ask them to pleaaassseee remove their account.  I have been somewhat successfull with that.

You need to get on a letter writing campaign.  But go right to the creditor that is reporting wrong.  You will have much better and quicker results.

In addition, although I never heard anything other than an email from the FTC within DAYS of filing my complaint, I got phone calls from all of the companies and lo and behold, account either deleted or reported correctly.

Be a Pitbull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.