Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for some help

tag
lllollolll
Valued Member

Looking for some help

I am new to this forum and somewhat new to fixing my credit. Becuase of this I am unsure what I should dispute and even how to dispute it.

I pulled a credit report today from all 3 agencies and found numerous negative accounts (i wasn't surpised, yes my credit is bad, more importantly I am wanting to clean it up now for my future). Some of these accounts are actually 1 account being reported by 2 agencies. In each case LNVN is one of the agencies.

What I'm looking for help with is this

•  How do I dispute multiple agencies pertaining to the same account
  •  Whats the best approach to disputing negative accounts that may be accurate

I'm not looking for a rapid change in my scores, not looking to buy a home or car soon. I just want to clean up my mess for my future. I also plan on doing this for my wife's credit. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

June 2013 EQ-Trash / TU-Trash / EX-Trash
Dec 2016 EQ-Better / TU-Better / EX-Better

Fingerhut / Barclay's MC / Walmart / Credit One / Surge / Verve / Amazon / Cap1 / Texaco / 1st Premier / Total / 1st Access $300 / Target / Victoria Secrets
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Looking for some help

Hi and welcome to the forums.

To clear things up, it is ok for the original creditor and a collection agency to report the same debt so there is a chance you will have 2 TL reporting.

It would be easier to give advise if you could post what accounts you are questioning.  The more we know the better advise to give.

Message 2 of 16
lllollolll
Valued Member

thanks for the reply. give me a few minutes and I will post the information I ahve that I'm looking to dispute

Fingerhut / Barclay's MC / Walmart / Credit One / Surge / Verve / Amazon / Cap1 / Texaco / 1st Premier / Total / 1st Access $300 / Target / Victoria Secrets
Message 3 of 16
lllollolll
Valued Member

This is just the Transunion report ... most of these are showing up on my EQ report as well -

5 addresses that are incorrect or never resided at

The following accounts -

Account - Capital One

Amount - $500

Date Opened - 04/26/2012

Removal Date - 08/2019

Account – CIT / Fingerhut

Amount - $171

Date Opened – 03/28/2007

Removal Date – 06/2014

Account – CitiFinancial

Amount - $19,468

Date Opened – 08/21/2007

Removal Date – 10/2014

Account – Consumer Portfolio Services

Amount - $4824

Date Opened – 02/22/2007

Removal Date – 07/2017

Account – Farmers Furniture

Amount - $484

Date Opened – 06/11/2007

Removal Date – 02/2015

Account – First National Credit

Amount - $494

Date Opened – 01/24/2009

Removal Date – 11/2016

Account – First Premier Bank

Amount - $381

Date Opened – 11/06/2009

Removal Date – 12/2016

Account – LVNV Funding LLC (same account as Citifinancial)

Amount - $19,468

Date Opened – 03/24/2009

Removal Date – 04/2014

Account – LVNV Funding LLC (1st Bank of Deleware TRIBUTE)

Amount - $719

Date Opened – 12/30/2011

Removal Date – 02/2015

Account – Verizon Wireless

Amount - $2394

Date Opened – 11/18/2011

Removal Date – 11/2018

Account – Wells Fargo Bank (overdraft protection)

Amount - $0

Date Opened – 04/14/2008

Removal Date – 03/2015

Account – Enhanced Recovery Company (Sprint Wireless)

Amount - $1933

Date Opened – 01/15/2010

Removal Date – 08/2014

Account – I C Systems Collection

Amount - $290

Date Opened – 09/08/2011

Removal Date – 09/2016

Account – Jefferson Capital System (same as Fingerhut)

Amount - $171

Date Opened – 03/24/2009

Removal Date – 04/2014

Account – Merchamts Assoc Coll Div

Amount - $2233

Date Opened – 02/16/2009

Removal Date – 11/2014

Account – Midland Funding LLC (ASPEN)

Amount - $1264

Date Opened – 05/09/2008

Removal Date – 08/2014

Account – Midland Funding LLC (CITIBANK)

Amount - $4673

Date Opened – 08/29/2008

Removal Date – 02/2014

Account – Millennium Financial Group (LEGACY VISA)

Amount - $578

Date Opened – 12/17/2012

Removal Date – 11/2016

Account – Partners Financial

Amount - $419

Date Opened –03/02/2012

Removal Date – 12/2018

Account – Recievables Performance (Windstream)

Amount - $548

Date Opened –03/01/2013

Removal Date – 01/2020

Account – United Compucred (returned check fee, paid in full)

Amount - $0

Date Opened – 08/29/2005

Removal Date – 06/2019 (why so long ?)

Amount - $0

Date Opened – 12/18/2006

Removal Date – 12/2013

Amount - $0

Date Opened – 07/17/2006

Removal Date – 06/2013

Please let me know if there is anything else I can add to help.

Message 4 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Many of these will be excluded sometime this year or next.

Do you know what your states SOL is for suing?  If you are still within SOL and do not have the money to pay these I would leave them alone for now.  You don't want to wake a sleeping giant and get sued.

Returned checks are supposed to use a DoFD of the date the check was returned for insufficient funds or the date of the check.  The one for 2019 is obviously reporting the DoFD incorrectly.

Are any of these absolutely not yours? 

Message 5 of 16
lllollolll
Valued Member

I was already leaning towards leaving the near approaching drops alone. As for the SOL in Florida, I have no clue. I am certain most of these are mine, in 2007-2008 my wife and I moved to Miami from North Florida and fell behind on almost everything becuase we were maintaining 2 homes (Miami and Gainesville). There are 2-3 of them that I am not familiar with ... The highest Credit Card I ever had was a $2000 limit and it was paid in full, leaving the $5k+ account as questionable.

Message 6 of 16
lllollolll
Valued Member

Definition:

The statute of limitations on debt in Florida puts a time limit on the amount of time you can be sued for a debt.

Oral Contract: 4 years

Written Contract: 5 years

Promissory Note: 5 years

Open-Ended Accounts: 4 years

Message 7 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The ones that are outside of your states suing SOL, send a DV letter.  If they validate ask for a PFD or settlement for deletion.

Credit cards are open accounts, installments can be written or promissory

Message 8 of 16
lllollolll
Valued Member

i apoligize for sounding ignorant here but I don't understand what you mean.

""The ones that are outside of your states suing SOL, send a DV letter"" - What do you mean "outside of my state suing ? And what is DV ? BTW, I am not being currently not being sued, nor have I ever been sued for a bad debt.

""Credit cards are open accounts, installments can be written or promissory"" - I don't I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm new to this topic and trying to learn as much as possible on it before I start disputing the problems on my reports

Message 9 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Sorry.  You can look at the link in my signature for good information like abbreviations etc.

Each state has a statute of limitations, according to the type of debt.  It is the time limit a creditor can bring suit against you for non-payment of a debt.  Those limits are what you posted above.

The time starts from the date of first delinquency of the debt (DoFD).  If you make a payment without bringing the account current,  your SOL can begin again, and will go by the date you last made a payment.

I was not suggesting you had been sued, I was helping you to prevent it happening.

A DV letter is a debt validation letter that is only sent to 3rd party collections agencies.  Per the FDCPA section 809 they are required to cease collection activity until they tell you who is currently collecting and the amount.  If you specifically ask for the original creditor and their address, and an itemization of the debt, they must also send those..

I was giving you a breakdown of the type of accounts for your SOLs.

If you know the debt is yours and everything is reporting correctly, it should not be disputed.  It is against the Terms of Service of the forums.

If you know for a fact an account is not yours or if something about it is not reporting correctly you can dispute those. 

Since you stated you have time, I would read as much as possible before doing anything.  Look at all of the links in my signature to get you started.  I am sure you will many more questions.

We are here to help.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.