Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for ways to capitalized using my rewards money from my CC

tag
TermsAndConditions
Established Member

Looking for ways to capitalized using my rewards money from my CC

I was thinking of ways to increase my score and credit worthiness by taking my rewards money from my CC company and putting that into a secured CC.

I have 2 unsecured cards that I primarily use for paying bills and pay them off when available to do so. In return, my reward $$ have been adding up pretty good. To put me closer to my ideal score range, I was thinking of taking that money and rolling it into a secured cc. has anyone done this with success would this be something to help me achieve those short term goals?

EX: 560 2013 EX: 686 2014
EQ: 548 2013 EQ: 669 2014
TU: 572 2013 TU: 614 2014 (Not sure why this hasn't caught up like the others)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for ways to capitalized using my rewards money from my CC

@TermsAndConditions wrote:

I was thinking of ways to increase my score and credit worthiness by taking my rewards money from my CC company and putting that into a secured CC.

I have 2 unsecured cards that I primarily use for paying bills and pay them off when available to do so. In return, my reward $$ have been adding up pretty good. To put me closer to my ideal score range, I was thinking of taking that money and rolling it into a secured cc. has anyone done this with success would this be something to help me achieve those short term goals?

In all honesty it would be a waste of the money to obtain a secured card with it as you already have unsecured credit. I would continue to do as you are doing with the cards you have now and after 6 months of good history reports app for more unsecured. Use the money from the rewards for something else or invest it.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.