Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to add VISA to the lineup

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to add VISA to the lineup

Hi everyone.  I've been MIA since school started in August, but I am still working on my rebuild since my bankruptcy 2 years ago.  I just graduated C.O. credit steps and was approved for a Discover card a couple months ago.  A couple weeks ago my furnace went out and I qualified for the Wells Fargo Home Repair card for 24 months same as cash (which I'm super excited about).  So thats my lineup so far, but does the WF card operate like a credit card?

I shop at Costco once a month and I would love to be able to earn rewards on my purchases since its usually about 3-400 a month.  So the dilema is which Visa card can I get while rebuilding since that is the only credit card they accept??? Back in the day they only accepted AMX and I didn't have one of those, but now its VISA... I will keep using my debit card before going to Credit One.

Does anyone have any ideas on which Visa card I could qualify for? I'm 2 years out of bankruptcy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to add VISA to the lineup

Good Morning,

Have you tried Capital One yet? Capital One has a pre-qualifier that does not do a hard pull on your report and they are bk friendly. I would definitely try them before going to CreditOne. Ive also read that Barclay is also a bk friendly creditor as long as you havent burned them in the past. Best of luck to you and congratulation on your rebuild so far.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.  I do have capital one now and its a master card.  I could be wrong, but it looks like their lower level cards are MC and the ones for better credit are Visa, so I may just have to wait it out.  I'm curious about Pen Fed since I've read they can be BK friendly. I of course would love the Costco Citi card, but they wont touch me 2 years out so I'm afraid to waste a HP.  I'd also go for the BOA visa cash back if they would accept me, but they wont at 2 years out.

Message 3 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone.  I've been MIA since school started in August, but I am still working on my rebuild since my bankruptcy 2 years ago.  I just graduated C.O. credit steps and was approved for a Discover card a couple months ago.  A couple weeks ago my furnace went out and I qualified for the Wells Fargo Home Repair card for 24 months same as cash (which I'm super excited about).  So thats my lineup so far, but does the WF card operate like a credit card?

I shop at Costco once a month and I would love to be able to earn rewards on my purchases since its usually about 3-400 a month.  So the dilema is which Visa card can I get while rebuilding since that is the only credit card they accept??? Back in the day they only accepted AMX and I didn't have one of those, but now its VISA... I will keep using my debit card before going to Credit One.

Does anyone have any ideas on which Visa card I could qualify for? I'm 2 years out of bankruptcy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

The Costco visa tends to require a fairly good credit score. Have you thought about buying cash cards from their online store (they take any credit card online), then using the cash cards in store? It's an extra step but that way you'd get rewards from using your card. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm that was not something I thought of.  That may be an option.  Thanks for the tip.

Message 5 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

You might also try joining a CU that offers a visa. I also did a post about this one. It's still subprime but not horrible. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/New-Subprime-Card-Lendup-Arrow-Card-Visa/m-p/5076606#M1...

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what your score looks like however an EXCELLENT visa card is offered by Bank of America.

Their cash rewards card gets 3 percent on gas, 2 percent on groceries and wholesale (Costco) and 1% on everything else.

If you have good credit you would get the Visa Signature line which comes with some good extra Visa perks. 

Keep us posted and I hope this helps!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info. My EX is 636, EQ 648, TU only 615. I would love the BOA card, but I don't see them approving me 2 years out of BK 7. I will probably just have to wait it out for a while. Thanks!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the info. My EX is 636, EQ 648, TU only 615. I would love the BOA card, but I don't see them approving me 2 years out of BK 7. I will probably just have to wait it out for a while. Thanks!

Blispay would be an option and they are BK friendly, but they seem to require at least a 680 score on EX. Blispay also offers 2% cash back on every purchase.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.