Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to get rid of some baddies

tag
lifeisgreat
Established Member

Looking to get rid of some baddies

I love the idea of a "check in" - too bad I didn't notice it last month as I really needed the kick in the butt then.  I have not completed any of the PFD letters that I wanted to get out.  Advice please - I received via e-mail a notification from a CA for a bill from 3 years ago - would it be best to send a PFD even if I know it is legit?  It isn't showing on a credit report yet, but I fear it will at some point.

I have several collection items on my report, half already showing paid, so I need to send GW letters and PFD letters to the other half.  I have one that showed on my report with no info and I don't even know who/what it is for - any thoughts?  There is not a complete address on the credit report - should I dispute this or will that cause me more issues?

I am hoping to raise my score enough by June to refinance our mortgage.  If I can get some of baddies off, it will help.  The score has raised quite a bit in 15 months - last refinance.  All three of my CC had renewal dates this year - Jan/March/May.  The first two have renewed with no difficulties, but of course the one I worry about is not due to renew yet.  When the CC company renews, do they run a report? Will that have a negative affect on my score? 

I'm on the quarterly FICO monitoring, so I won't get another score until mid April.  Any answers will be greatly appreciated. 

Best of luck to everyone!

Starting Score: EX 573; EQ 489; TU 521 (Lender Pulled 7/12/11)Current Score: FICO TU 615 (4/3/13); FICO EQ 585 (5/12/13)Goal Score: 725
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking to get rid of some baddies

OP, I split off your post from the Check-In thread because you'lll get more eyeballs looking at your post and more answers sooner. I had to change the title of the thread. If you'd like it changed to something else, click "Options" and then "Edit Message".

PFDs are for legit baddies only. So, if you agree with the debt, send a PFD. However, since it isn't reporting yet, you can modify the PFD to a Pay-For-Not-Reporting type of agreement. Basically you offer $x inexchange for them not to report.

Yes, send GWs for paid baddies and PFDs for unpaid. Try pulling your CR directly from the CRA or annualcreditreport for more info on the missing contact info. It should have it.

Renew as in issuing a new card to replace the expiring? No. No report review. Now they'll periodically check your reports via a soft pull monthly or so. But soft inquiries aren't scored.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.