Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to improve Fiances score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to improve Fiances score

I am working very hard to help my Fiance repair his credit and I need to build mine. We are looking into getting a new mobile home and financing just isn't realistic at the moment.  I have been looking into the PFD and GW letters and considering those. Would like some advice before I get started on anything.

I pulled his credit reports for all agencies in March. There are a few that I hope I can get a PFD for.  One I have noticed on here is a difficult one to get and that is with Jefferson. I have some questions before I start any of it.

1. Student Loan-  He had a student loan .  It has been paid in full through garnished wages and tax refunds for over a year now.  On his CR it shows 3 different balances for US Dpartment of Education.  They are $1417, $1490 and $3351.  They are shown as in collection and closed.  How do we get those fixed?

2. Child Support- He has child supprt payments automatically deducted by DHS for his 2 children from a previous marriage.  Somehow there is balance of $27 from early this March and shows it won't be removed till 2019.  How do we get that fixed?

We have some that are for collection and will send thme a PFD as we save the funds to do it.  

I will talk to him about writing GW letters to the ones that are paid off. 

What do we do about a Voluntary surrender??  We have one for a auto loan we had before we hit hardship.

I say we but it is his credit score we are trying to fix first.  I have Either way we are  set to have our debts paid off by next spring.  

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.