cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to max score but not sure what to pay first...

tag
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Looking to max score but not sure what to pay first...

Trying to maximize my score in the next few weeks-I have 2 cap one cards, VS and Express. Both store cards are at ZERO. One cap one is at about 50% and one is at about 90%. My plan was to pay the one at 50% down to zero and then start working on the higher balance. Or would it be better to start paying down the higher balance card and leave the one at 50% at about 10%..HELP PLEASE!!

TIA!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to max score but not sure what to pay first...

I've heard......that there is a benefit to being under 50% and then again under 30% - Me - if I was trying to Max score quickly - would send small amount to the one at 50% just to get it under that threshhold - or maybe to 40% and then get that one that is at 90% paid under 50% - FAST.   That should get you a bump.    Then continue to pay each down getting one CapOne down to 0 and the other to under 10%....... I don't know what the actual balances are, but that is what I would do..since ideally you only want ONE reporting at less than 10%

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to max score but not sure what to pay first...

@savings4tomorrow wrote:

Trying to maximize my score in the next few weeks-I have 2 cap one cards, VS and Express. Both store cards are at ZERO. One cap one is at about 50% and one is at about 90%. My plan was to pay the one at 50% down to zero and then start working on the higher balance. Or would it be better to start paying down the higher balance card and leave the one at 50% at about 10%..HELP PLEASE!!

TIA!!

Pay the 50% down to below 30%, then pay as much as you can on the 90% card.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.