Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to rebuild

I have had a credit card for about a year and a half. I got the platinum secured card. What will be the next card that i might get approved for? Should i apply for the platinum unsecured or something else. I have offers from credit one but dont like the annual fee. I also have only applied to one other credit card discover and of course i was denied. I bank at ally could i get another card through them? I just want to increase my accounts and credit limit thank you
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to rebuild

My credit number on credit.com is 641. equifax 656Transunion is 596 according to creditkarma. Creditwise is 598.
Message 2 of 7
torry590
Regular Contributor

The scores offered by those sites are not true FICO scores, they are Vantage Scores. Most lenders use FICO. You can either get those scores here at myfico.com or go to creditchecktotal.com and sign up for their $1 free tiral, they will give you all three true FICO scores. Just cancel before the trial is up.  

Once we know your scores we can help see what you may qualify for. Do you have any derogetories such as collections, public records, or charge offs?

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 collections i can think of. 1 from 144 another shows 900 and the other on is payed off. Let me get those numbers for you.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

576 transunion 622 experian 618 equifax
Message 5 of 7
torry590
Regular Contributor

I would say with those scores, you could get a cap one platinum.  How old are the bad items on your reports? Have you attemped a PFD (pay for delete)?  Also for the paid off collections, you could try to send goodwill letters to the companies to try and get them removed. 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean the 900 told me they will take off for 400 dollars but thats what i did for the one thats paid off and its still on there. Also the 144 is new but i can pay that one off no problem. But taking them off the books is what I'm not sure how to do.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.