Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 14 pts today on TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost 14 pts today on TU

Just signed up 4 days ago and started paying things down getting ready for a mortgage.  My transunion was at 655 1st day 659 a day later because of lower balnce.   664 yesterday also because of lower balances today I lost  14 pts nd I don't know why.  It does not mention anything.  I am stumped I know if anything the balances should still keep reflecting lower.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost 14 pts today on TU

During the same period Eq has gone up 644-655 and Exp has stayed at 664?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forum.

You mentioned paying some items recently. Could you have paid/closed an account that might have reduced your AAoA? Or, any recent lates or collections being added?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I have just paid down high balances and have been doinf so for the past few months.  I have an ACS National Grid collection account that I discovered in Sept/Oct that I paid as soon as I saw it.  I had lates not many and the last one is almost a year old.  I closed a few accounts in January/ Feb.  I did send a couple of letters of dispute for the collection account trying to get it removed I just did that during the week Monday I doubt the letters were dealt with yet.  I also increased the CL on two of my accounts this week but they should both have been soft pulls.  I am just starting out with this stuff.  I really want that paid collection off my account I truly did not even know I owed National Grid money until I saw it on my report and paid it right away.  That was before I even knew what a pay for delete was.  I had never been more than 30 days late in my life.  I have high utilization so that is what I am mainly trying to work on and that darn collection!!!!!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I purchased the 3 Fico bureau credit monitoring and identity thing.  Will I get a credit report every month or just see the changes with FICO 8?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also new and purchased the 3 bureau monitoring. You get a report when you first sign on that is viewable for the next year and maybe about a week (then you get another report next year).

You can order other reports and probably at a discount with the myFICO plan you've select. The scores will update and I find that helpful; especially the little timeline to see how scores have increased over time.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No I have just paid down high balances and have been doinf so for the past few months.  I have an ACS National Grid collection account that I discovered in Sept/Oct that I paid as soon as I saw it.  I had lates not many and the last one is almost a year old.  I closed a few accounts in January/ Feb.  I did send a couple of letters of dispute for the collection account trying to get it removed I just did that during the week Monday I doubt the letters were dealt with yet.  I also increased the CL on two of my accounts this week but they should both have been soft pulls.  I am just starting out with this stuff.  I really want that paid collection off my account I truly did not even know I owed National Grid money until I saw it on my report and paid it right away.  That was before I even knew what a pay for delete was.  I had never been more than 30 days late in my life.  I have high utilization so that is what I am mainly trying to work on and that darn collection!!!!!

I'm a newb here, as well, but I think you should send a GW letter to the CA for this one. A 'paid' collection still drags down your score and a complete deletion would be preferred. Working on getting your total UTIL to under 10% would help, too. 

I am sure some of the seasoned members can give some more detailed advice, too.

Good luck, you can do this! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

I would not sweat a 14 point movement its normal and your Fico is always moving based on info in your CRs, its not a stationary number. I would suspect something updated on a derog and brought the status date current which would make it look new in the eyes of Fico whether its paid or not. Personally I dont sweat moves +- 20 and I dont think you should either it will drive you nuts. I suggest you concentrate on your rebuild and let the numbers fall where they may.

As far as your paid collection as already suggested (correctly) you will need to send a GW letter to them asking for its removal. Good luck in your credit journey Smiley Happy

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.