Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 30+ points on TU :(

tag
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost 30+ points on TU :(

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't even look at the scores on CK anymore.  I just log in once a week to check on my TU and EQ reports.  Those scores were 100 points off my TU FICO last month!  

That's Insane! But definitely eases my worries a bit.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CK numbers also dropped 20-30 points this week after a baddie was removed. Kinda disheartening...

But as the others have said, they're FAKO scores.

I'm so thankful to have found this forum! Thanks to everyone who shares their insight & keeps things in perspective. 

Message 12 of 17
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

The Walmart score is Fico 8 I think.  It always matches my TU score anyway.

But it's true that it doesn't update frequently -- once a month seems about right.

You can force it to update by turning off electronic statements and then turning them back on, or so I've heard.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 13 of 17
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@JayTee1 wrote:

The Walmart score is Fico 8 I think.  It always matches my TU score anyway.

But it's true that it doesn't update frequently -- once a month seems about right.

You can force it to update by turning off electronic statements and then turning them back on, or so I've heard.

It JUST updated today; with the score showing "as of April 5th".

Merrick updates once a month on the 26th and it always says "as of the 15th" of the previous month.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK is a great way to view your report, but not a good gauge for FICO score as it uses Vantage 3.0. My CK scores are always higher than my Fico scores. Right now CK have TU & EQ listed 700+ and FICOs are 650s. For instance my TU score dropped 2 points when I opened a new credit card in Feb. My CK score remained unchanged and then went up 5 points in March. 

I use it weekly to ensure nothing is happening with my reports that I don't want to happen. 

Message 15 of 17
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I got a 90 late taken off my reports from 3 months earlier. CK bumped me up 10 pts... Fico Score went up 90... Vantage 3.0 is horrid. It's possible that your CK updated more recently then your Creditwise?... So it could be true! just don't believe their score on a basis of obtaining credit!
Message 16 of 17
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Oh and idk why but my Fico 8 is 700+ on all 3 on CK they're 670
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.