Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost here..

tag
Target1212
Regular Contributor

Lost here..

I was so excited. I got another collections removed,but no jump in my score :-( So disappointed. I have a mid score of 637.... really need a 640... I am waiting for my credit cards to update since I paid them down from 17% to 8%. Hoping for a jump, I'm sooo close...BUT I just notced (this is on EQ, the 637, my TU is 657 EX....doesnt count LOL its 608) a CA is reporting as a factoring company on EQ but not TU! 120+ days late and looks like maybe in my DTI? If so, it'd be killing it. When I tried to see myFICO future it says...  You currently have a combined Revolving/Open Account balance of $2,780.00. I only have 900 credit limit, with (whats on my report ) $149 balance. When I filled out my future it says 

Your simulated FICO® score would be in the following range:

687 – 727

Should I just pay this? I am going to but was trying to fight for a PFD more ( recent efforts hopeless)....

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lost here..

Yea it depends on the age of the debt in my eyes.  I would keep trying PFD agressively telling them its a lose lose situation if there is no agreement reached where as it could be win win if they would just agree (in writing lol). I would keep attacking them from different angles and then if all else fail PIF or settle and GW. If GW doesnt work then you have to start reporting them to the BBB for whatever reasons you may come up with lol. It worked with me with Verizon through the FCC. They are reporting you so you start reporting them haha (only if its paid).

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 2 of 7
Target1212
Regular Contributor

I got LVNV and CPA off by BBB, which is aweomse. But, I was looking at Pinnacles file on there and looks like they send EVERYONE a no personal, generic letter saying to call them. I don't think it will help, but I will try. I also contact FTC since I've been trying to get them to verify this since 08 and never sent me nothing but yet verifies to the CRAs. I wont pay them in full due to money restraints. But they sent me a letter offering a 400 something dollar settlement I'll do (it's a now 2600 debt from an originally 1000 debt, sounds fishy to me!). This debt is past SOL and is set t fall of Dec 2013, but I want a mortgage in the next 5 months or less.

Message 3 of 7
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

You should go for the settlement but if you pay make them guarantee that it is reporting as PIF not settled for less. From there start GW, if no luck GW start reporting them!

Seems like you know what to do. Im in the same position and want to buy a house within the next 6 months as well. Old medical Collections are killing me and I dont have the funds to pay just yet : /

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 4 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Because they are reporting as a factoring company, they are probably listed as revolving also and it's counting against your util.  Totally wrong!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I've had collection accounts reported in the accounts section and in the collection section.  Also had them report as a factoring company.  They were never counted in my utilization.

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It also depends on where the reports are coming from.  Not all are thrown in the right categories.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.