Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost on where to start!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost on where to start!

I've recently pulled my credit score for the first time and my my my is it terrible. Equifax 470 TransUnion 550 Experian 516. My goal is to improve my credit. As far as I know, I have a repossesion from 2009 a few installment loans, medical bills, etc. Can someone please help me with which direction to start. Thank You

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lost on where to start!

Pull all of your free reports from annualcreditreport.com - look everything over carefully and then go to the CRA websites and dispute any inaccuracies and request early exclusion for items that are 3-6 months away from dropping off.

Once thats done give us a detailed overview and we'll help guide you.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, I've already pulled my credit reports but confused on noticing which are the oldest. I've also read about sending dispution letters but not sure of whichis the better dispution letter to use. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get caught up in disputing 'just because'. Start off just getting any MISTAKES corrected.

Each derogatory item will list either an estimated drop-off date, or Date of First Delinquency(DoFD). Drop off date is going to be 7.5 years from the DoFD.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.