Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of lates....can't gw!

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Lots of lates....can't gw!

I've done a good bit of  cleaning up husbands report. I have one more collection from a JDB needing to come off, but that leaves about 19 lates..,.all over 30 days. Most are 60 And 90. They are all on student loans that had come out of forbearance and we didn't get that in the correct payment plan In time. 

What can I do?? Student loan companies wo lt GW! All the lates are on closed loans. We consolidated them and they've been in good standing ever sense. Any idea on what I can do? We want a mortgage next year, but need a good 60 point boost!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Geochk
Valued Member

Re: Lots of lates....can't gw!

Are they government insured loans or private loans? I just got a bunch of lates removed from my govt loans by e-mailing the ombudsman for Direct Loans. It was really easy and only took one letter. They assigned a "Caseworker" and he contacted all the different companies. Within a week they were gone. Smiley Very Happy

Good Luck!

Starting Score: 519
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
remethy
New Contributor

were these direct loans that you goodwilled thru the ombudsman?  or were they with various servicers?  I have a bunch of old student loan lates that are government loans but are from before I consolidated.  are you saying the direct loans person would help with those?

Starting Score: EQ 539
Current Score: EQ 648, TU 617, EXP 623
Goal Score: 700 by 2/2014

Message 3 of 6
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Mine are all government loans! Fed loan, sallie Mae, and dept of edu!

Message 4 of 6
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Who is omsbudsman?

Message 5 of 6
Geochk
Valued Member

Ombudsman is a title for someone who dealS with complaints, usually for the government or large corporations.

Starting Score: 519
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.