Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loving my CU!!!!!!

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Loving my CU!!!!!!

So my CU approved me for a $2000 loan today without even doing a soft pull!!! I couldn't believe it. She just added the amount onto my existing auto loan. I asked for the loan simply to pay off some baddies on my CR and to buy a new washing machine since mine decided to die over the weekend and she was like noooo problem. So tomorrow I will be debt free!!!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Re: Loving my CU!!!!!!

I need to find a credit union lol

Message 2 of 7
deadbishop
Regular Contributor

Credit unions are awesome! I use first commonwealth here in pa. I have 4 credit products with them and its never a problem getting things I need.
Bankrupcy 7 Filed 2/20/2012
Discharged 6/18/2012
FICO as of 7/6/2012
TU 630 Classic (04)
EQ 641 FACTA Beacon 5.0
EX 607 Fair Isaac (ver. 2)

Message 3 of 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@750orbust wrote:
So my CU approved me for a $2000 loan today without even doing a soft pull!!! I couldn't believe it. She just added the amount onto my existing auto loan. I asked for the loan simply to pay off some baddies on my CR and to buy a new washing machine since mine decided to die over the weekend and she was like noooo problem. So tomorrow I will be debt free!!!!!

"added the amount onto my existing auto loan".....

Are you sure they didn't renew your auto loan so you could have the cash back? That statement to me implies that. I would at least ask them.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 7
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Well yes, adding an amount onto my auto loan would be considered renewing. I don't have a problem with that. She just deposited the money into my checking account and added that to my auto loan balance AND at at lower APR than my auto loan was currently. Plus the fact that I was able to do this WITHOUT a pull on of my CR so I'm a really happy camper.
Message 5 of 7
kitty9779
Regular Contributor

I love my CU too! My credit score is still VERY low, but my CU told me that I could get a mortgage now with 10% down and if I wait just a few months, I'll be eligible for a 100% loan. It's all because I don't have any outstanding collections accounts. YAY!

Message 6 of 7
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I OFFICIALLY became DEBT FREE (or at least outstanding debt) today after the little loan my CU gave me. It feels great ! Swapping all that negative for a little more positive history really ought to give me a pretty good bounce. I had a total of five medical s on my CR, three of them from the same CA. Well the CA reporting the 3 collections wouldn't PFD even though I offered them a little bribe money but the other two did grant me PFD. One of those two is/was a brand new collection so I'm definitely glad to get that one gone and the other one was just under two years old. The three that stayed are all two plus years old so they shouldn't be hurting me two bad. Im just so happy to not owe anymore CA's ANYTHING they were all PIF, no settlement. Now to put my two new CC seedlings in the garden and watch them do their magic.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.