Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Limit Credit Card

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Low Limit Credit Card

I have a bloomingdales card that has $100.00 limit for over a year now.  I refuse to use it as what can you really buy there for $100.00  I have called and requested CLI and no luck.  My macys card with them is $1,700 so not sure why they have the Bloomingdales at $100.00

My question is, should I close it or leave it open? I have no used it in over a year.  It is still open as of today.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Re: Low Limit Credit Card

IMHO, my advice is to close it.  You have done a great job in rebuilding your credit and in obtaining lots of new revolving credit.  Hope this helps.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 2 of 8
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

The part that worries me is that it is one of my oldest cards.  I do not want a score decrease.  I wonder how that will hurt me.

Message 3 of 8
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Bloomingdales is so expensive that you'd probably max out the card if you ordered a pair of socks from there. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

No worries there. It'll stay on your report for another 10 years. Utilization won't count anymore but it'll still factor in your AAoA. I'd close it Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:

The part that worries me is that it is one of my oldest cards.  I do not want a score decrease.  I wonder how that will hurt me.

How old? How old is the next oldest?

Message 6 of 8
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

I opened Bloomingdales on 07-14-15.  I have 11 cards older though.  They aren't charging me to keep it open.  Is it hurting my score or no?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:

I opened Bloomingdales on 07-14-15.  I have 11 cards older though.  They aren't charging me to keep it open.  Is it hurting my score or no?

Thats nothing. Practically NEW. Just toss it in a sock drawer and let them close it for lack of use.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.