Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low credit limits when rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Low credit limits when rebuilding

This is just too funny, I got my CC statement in the mail today and here are the stats;

Credit limit: $400

Purchases: $2,106.89

Payments: $2,106.89

LMAO too funny I'm utilizing my card for over 5x its limits, meaning I PIF over 5x last month! Can't wait untill my credit improves enough to only have to pay once a month!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

Re: Low credit limits when rebuilding

Good job!! Keep up the good work!

TU:806 EQ: 799 EX:830
12/23 Fico Score 8 TU-761 EX -747 EQ-734
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is just too funny, I got my CC statement in the mail today and here are the stats;

Credit limit: $400

Purchases: $2,106.89

Payments: $2,106.89

LMAO too funny I'm utilizing my card for over 5x its limits, meaning I PIF over 5x last month! Can't wait untill my credit improves enough to only have to pay once a month!

I don't know anything about that creditor, but with that type of spend/pay pattern I would think it would almost certainly trigger a CLI and quite quickly.  Have you asked them for a CLI yet?  How long have you had the card?  You've probably got nothing to lose by calling them and referencing those numbers, explaining how a greater credit limit of around $2k-$3k would make it a lot easier to use their card.  Worst case they say no.  Best case they say yes.  Middle of the road they counter you with something like $1000 perhaps.  If they don't say yes or work with you now, I would think after another cycle or two of that same spend/pay pattern that they would most certainly grant you a CLI once that behavior has been established with consistent PIF practices.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is my credit one card, its gone through 2 cycles so far. I did call for CLI but they stated it was new account and to call back in Feb. I'm debaiting about switching my habits to the discover card since that one is the one I plan on keeping long term, unless Credit One eliminates the AF, which they have been known to do. Also, credit one has been a little sneaky on their website, I've had to reset my password several times and had to create new account 3 times in order to pay my bill, due to the constant "Your account has been temporarily locked" message.

Message 4 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I'd cancel the Credit One as soon as you can. They have no grace period for purchases and for most CLI's you get charged a fee.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats the plan, cancel at 11 months, but things change rapidly. I will not close it if the following occur, they eliminate AF (at which time I will just sock drawer it), I dont have 3 other cards open, or if they give me a $5k CLI. Those are the only 3 ways I will keep this card past the 11 month mark. I'm hoping NFCU, PENFED, and Capital One will be in my wallet by month 10, I already have discover, so fingers are crossed for the other ones. After I have those four cards that will complete my short term goal and then I only have the long term goal of getting the delta sky miles card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.