Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Low score

Hello All, 

I am currently active duty and interested in purchasing a home, however, the mortgage company had a different score than what I am currently seeing through my credit reporting program with USAA. Do I need to purchase through myFICO to get a more accurate score of what the mortgage company is seeing?

Also, I had a personal loan out and had about 8 months left on it and just paid it compeletely off...is that going to help my score go up a bit or was that a mistake to pay it off and not continue to make the payments?

I have a few credit cards I am planning on getting the utilization down to at least 20% in the next few months in hopes to getting that score to jump. Hoping I'm on the right path and hopefully soon purchasing my first home with my family. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: Low score

I think your looking for the FICO 5 model. The myFICO Ultimate 3B includes 19 different scoring models, including the FICO 5.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All, 

I am currently active duty and interested in purchasing a home, however, the mortgage company had a different score than what I am currently seeing through my credit reporting program with USAA. Do I need to purchase through myFICO to get a more accurate score of what the mortgage company is seeing?

Also, I had a personal loan out and had about 8 months left on it and just paid it compeletely off...is that going to help my score go up a bit or was that a mistake to pay it off and not continue to make the payments?

I have a few credit cards I am planning on getting the utilization down to at least 20% in the next few months in hopes to getting that score to jump. Hoping I'm on the right path and hopefully soon purchasing my first home with my family. 

Yes, this is typical. The only place you can get your mortgage scores (FICO 2, FICO 4 and FICO 5) is right here, with a triple report purchase, or the 3B monitoring.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All, 

IMHO,

Getting your CC's PIF'd except for 1 acct reporting a small balance (>10%) would be the biggest issue to better scores that you can accomplish in the short term.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Will work on paying the others off and keeping one open under 10%.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.