Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowering Utilization / Medical CA Advice

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Lowering Utilization / Medical CA Advice

Hi All, 

Hope  a few of you can help me. I'm trying to work on my credit profile, but need some guidance.

1) I got a ton of store and major CCs during an app spree back in 2015 that has since helped my credit score grow greatly, but I got in over my head with some emergencies and how have through the roof utilzation. I'd like to know what the best course of action to take is since I have about $700 to use to help jumpstart lowering my utilization. I know this is not much at all in the grand scheme, but I figure that it will at least help.  My goal is to get everything down to 30% or less eventually. Which card / combination of cards should I use the $700 toward to help make the largest impact? Should I use the money to pay the entire BOA off, spread the money out among the higher balance cards, or use it toward lowering the lower balance cards under the 30% mark?  I of course intend to keep paying down the balances, but I just want to get the best bang for my buck out of this $700. I should add that my intention here is to obtain an NFCU  (I'm a member)  or other CC where I can take advantage of a 0% interest rate special that will allow me to transfer the higher Cap1 balances and work on paying them down. The interest rate on the VentureOne / QS1 is keeping me at high minimum payments..which effectively erase themselves by the next month. Cap1 only lowers my interest rate temporarily and I still can't catch up. My only other thought for this is to  improve my score enough to get a debt consolidation personal loan that will help me control payments. 

Cap 1 VentureOne - $3300 balance  --- 100% ut

Cap 1 QuicksilverOne - $2200 balance -- 100% ut

Cap1 Secured - $600 balance - $100% ut

BOA Secured - $600 balalnce - 100% ut

Walmart - $1500 balance - 100% ut

Amazon - $1200 balance - 100% ut

Macys - $1500 balance -  $100 % ut

ExpressNext - $807 balance - 39% ut

2) I have a medical collection that I paid quite some time ago - over a year ago - to the OC, but the CA is still reporting the full balance due every month like clockwork. What is my best option to make the most impact?

3) I posted a previous question about judgements, but I have 3 judgements scheduled to drop off by the beginning of next year (2018). How might I find out if these have been updated every 90days

Any help or ideas...especially ones from a similar experience would be of great help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowering Utilization / Medical CA Advice

Is the extra 700 a one time thing or monthly? To start, I'd put 100 to each of the maxed out cards. With them being at 100%UTI if you even sneeze wrong you'll get an over limit fee. Are any of the cards in a 0% period?
Message 2 of 3
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Re: Lowering Utilization / Medical CA Advice

The $700 is a one time thing. I wish it were monthly, I'd be able to take care of everything quickly. I've managed to keep the overage fees at bay. None are in a 0% period ...the interest it what's killing me. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.