Contributor
xecutech

Lowes Card Inquirie Caused 8 Point Drop

So, I jumped the gun an applied for a Lowes card online. I didn't get an instant approval or denial, but got a reference number and the message that I will get an email or a letter. I am assuming it's up for a manual review, but expecting a decline letter in the mail. Anyone else have experience with them?

I checked my credit report this morning and my TU score dropped from 685 to 677, but just on TU, so I guess that gecredit only pulled from there. I was only expecting the inquirie to maybe be a 1-2 point hit, so lesson learned.

I did notice that TU has my name listed wrong. I sent them a letter a while back with proof of my correct name, but they won't change it for some reason. I am thinking that may be the reason I didn't get an approval or denial, so maybe a manual review might not be so bad and I may be approved, but we'll see.

I am sure if I get approved, the score will improve over time, but if I get declined that's going to suck.

Regular Contributor
lae_lae

Re: Lowes Card Inquirie Caused 8 Point Drop

I believe if you received a reference number that means they just need to verify some information.  Call the Lowe's recon line at

800-444-1408.

New Contributor
Sobo

Someone correct me if I am wrong....but you can have up to a certain amount of inquiries without it really affecting you. According to my report/score watch - once I hit 6 inquiries, I will see a big hit. I was trying to get a transfer card and applied to a couple - I think I'm at 3. I haven't seen a huge hit yet.

5/17/13 Starting 627
Current Score 776
Goal 800
Contributor
xecutech

I called. I was declined. Now i am bummed out...

Oh well, maybe next time I guess.

Regular Contributor
lae_lae

Did you talk to a regular CSR or a credit analyst?  CSR likely cannot do much but might be a different story with a credit analyst.  Also try this number 1866 519 6441. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+