Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Success!!

tag
gaktheknife
Established Member

Lowes Success!!

I just had a 30 point bump after getting util down to 5% and getting some lates removed. So I decided to apply for Lowes credit card today. Got instant approval online for 500. Called and got them up to 2000!!! Awesome!! Thanks to all the help here on MyFico

EX FICO 677 -4/1
EQ FICO 672 - 4/1
TU FICO 654 - 4/11
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lowes Success!!

Congrats on the approval!

and the recon CL.

Message 2 of 7
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Not that I'm doubting you but I was under the impression Lowes required a pretty high score for approvals. My Fico was similar to yours a few weeks ago until a new collection caused it to take a dive.

If you don't mind will you tell me what types of accounts are on your CR and what's the AAoA. Just trying to see if I should bother apping when I get my scores back up again as I really want a Lowes card since its one I would use quite often.
Message 3 of 7
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Lowes is a GE card and they can be fairly easy to get.

Message 4 of 7
gaktheknife
Established Member

From What I Read I Thought Lowes Was Easier To Get Because They Are Ge. I Don't Have Any Collections. I Have A 10 Year Old Current Mortgage, A 2 Year Old Credit Card A Personal Loan And An Auto Loan. Also Had 5Perc Util
EX FICO 677 -4/1
EQ FICO 672 - 4/1
TU FICO 654 - 4/11
Message 5 of 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 7
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

I was under the impression that Lowes wanted a score of at least 680 to 720 even for consideration. I'm going to garden my three new accounts for at least six months and work on getting three old collections and one new one PFD'ed off my CR and then app now that I know that I have a reasonable chance at getting approved with a lower score. Of course after doing what I just mentioned my scores might very well be in the 680 to 720 range by then anyhow. LOL
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.