Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luebke Baker - NRS Circulation - Total Scam

tag
oldtowngrill
New Contributor

Luebke Baker - NRS Circulation - Total Scam

Hey...has anyone had any recent dealings with either of these companies?  They sent my GF a letter claiming $500 bill for magazines...completely bogus.  We are going for a morgage soon and she has never had a collection ever.  There's all kinds of scam reports online for both of these companies.  I'm sending a DV letter since this is there initial response.  Just curios if anyone had some intel on either of these guys...much obliged and happy friday!

Starting Score: 655 EQ 616 TU
Current Score: 689 EQ 628 TU
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Luebke Baker - NRS Circulation??????

I remember reading some posts a while back about similar events.

Try a search on the forums for those names and see if anything comes up.

Message 2 of 5
oldtowngrill
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I found some stuff from 2008 and was just curious if there has been anything recent.  

The letter they sent was absurd..

Origninal Balance $459.04

Interest Amount $0

Amount Paid $495

Balance Due $54.04

Settlement Balance $549.04

"...permission to drop the outstanding balance on the account of $549.04 down to a settlement of $549.04.  If you pay the $549.04, your account with NRS CIRCULATION will pe listed as SIF or PIF"...absolutely rediculous...we don't get a single magazine and haven't in the 4 years we've lived together.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I haven't seen anything.

Send them a DV letter.  There is no time limit for them to respond, unless you live in TX.  But if they can't validate they have to remove it.

Or you can do a direct dispute with who is reporting.  This is under FCRA 623.

Message 4 of 5
oldtowngrill
New Contributor

Seeing as it's a total scam i'll send the DV letter, and OC dispute if need be.  I don't think it's on her CR yet but I'll definietly check.  I'll post results in the event someone else runs into these guys.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.