New Contributor
oldtowngrill

Luebke Baker - NRS Circulation - Total Scam

[ Edited ]

Hey...has anyone had any recent dealings with either of these companies?  They sent my GF a letter claiming $500 bill for magazines...completely bogus.  We are going for a morgage soon and she has never had a collection ever.  There's all kinds of scam reports online for both of these companies.  I'm sending a DV letter since this is there initial response.  Just curios if anyone had some intel on either of these guys...much obliged and happy friday!

Starting Score: 655 EQ 616 TU
Current Score: 689 EQ 628 TU
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
guiness56

Re: Luebke Baker - NRS Circulation??????

I remember reading some posts a while back about similar events.

Try a search on the forums for those names and see if anything comes up.

New Contributor
oldtowngrill

Thanks for the reply.  I found some stuff from 2008 and was just curious if there has been anything recent.  

The letter they sent was absurd..

Origninal Balance $459.04

Interest Amount $0

Amount Paid $495

Balance Due $54.04

Settlement Balance $549.04

"...permission to drop the outstanding balance on the account of $549.04 down to a settlement of $549.04.  If you pay the $549.04, your account with NRS CIRCULATION will pe listed as SIF or PIF"...absolutely rediculous...we don't get a single magazine and haven't in the 4 years we've lived together.

guiness56

I haven't seen anything.

Send them a DV letter.  There is no time limit for them to respond, unless you live in TX.  But if they can't validate they have to remove it.

Or you can do a direct dispute with who is reporting.  This is under FCRA 623.

New Contributor
oldtowngrill

Seeing as it's a total scam i'll send the DV letter, and OC dispute if need be.  I don't think it's on her CR yet but I'll definietly check.  I'll post results in the event someone else runs into these guys.  Thanks!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}