cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lurker out of the closet with deletion success!

tag
risinghigh
Established Member

Lurker out of the closet with deletion success!

Hi Everyone-

This is my first post but not my first time on the forums. I never have to ask anything because there's usually someone on the forums with the same questions that I have. But I couldn't find the exact answer to my problem anywhere, so I thought I'd share.

My next to last baddie (I have paid a charge-off set to fall off by 8/11) had a deletion date of 8/10 on my Experian report. I checked today and it was still there, and I read somewhere on this forum that Experian usually removed them closer to the end of the month. I also read that just because the date was listed on your report as such, it didn't necessarily mean that it was the date that the tradeline was supposed to be removed. Many times the bureaus would change the date based on updated information. With that in mind, I didn't formally dispute the date. Smiley Indifferent

However, because I need to move by the end of the month (and SafeRent uses Experian), I needed this charge-off removed ASAP. So I simply called the Experian dispute line, (dialed "0" a million times), and asked the service representative when the exact date was that I should expect this item to fall off. She said that it was scheduled to be removed today but it wouldn't formally leave my report until the end of the month. But because I called her today, she would have it removed within the next 24 to 72 hours. She then asked me if I would like an email confirmation that this item had been removed! *gasp*

Might I also add that she was very courteous and polite, and handled my concerns swiftly. I never formally asked for a dispute- I only referred to the line item on my credit report- and she handled it right then and there. I immediately hung up the phone and did somersaults across the living room floor. I then checked my report and it said that the item was in dispute.  I checked again three hours later it had been completely removed from my report. Needless to say I am still in complete shock as I didn't expect this from Experian. I only wish that I'd press "yes" for the customer satisfaction survey before I began my customer service interaction.

I wish I knew when Equifax was set to remove the same tradeline- but I'll let sleeping dogs lie...

Starting Score: EQ:600 Dec 09 TU:629 Dec 09
Current Score: EQ:670 Sept 10 TU:661 EXP FAKO:721 Sept 10
Goal Score: EQ:750 Dec 10 TU:750 Dec 10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lurker out of the closet with deletion success!

Congrats it must feel good to see it removed from your report. Welcome to the forums! It's much better in the light ;-)

Message 2 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

That's awesome.  I'm waiting for something to fall off of TU - now I'm thinking maybe they'll tell me the date if I call them!  Sweet. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
risinghigh
Established Member

It is quite therapeutic to finally come out from the dark!

Mauve- let me know what Transunion says- I fear that I shouldn't push my luck with the other credit bureaus...Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 6
mauve
Valued Contributor

He said he didn't know any more details than it should drop off "some time this month". 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
risinghigh
Established Member

Hmmmmmm......

I always thought Transunion was the easiest one to deal with- sorry to hear that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.