Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lvnvfundg

tag
Deka
New Contributor

Lvnvfundg

I checked my  FICO score and Lvnvfundg comes up. I have no knowledge of this account. I have disputed it with the fako agencies (thought they would do something). How do I request from them proof of this account and get them off my credit report with all 3 agencies. Also there is no address for them or phone number. Are they not by law supposed to have this information available in case you the consumer wanted to dispute something?

Starting Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 618, EQ 578
Current Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 654, EQ 642
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lvnvfundg

This is where you send DV (Debt Validation) letters to the CA. Here is a sample I googled up for you:

---------------------------------------

Your Name
Your Address

Name of CA
Address of CA
Date:

Re: Your Account No:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I checked a copy of my credit report and realized that there was a collection reported from your agency, which I was not notified about. I do not reject to provide with the debt amount. However, this is a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b), that your claim is disputed and a validation is demanded. This is asking for proof regarding the debt that I owe and verifying it.
I am requesting you to stop all collection activities including reporting this information on my credit report. I am sure that you are aware of the fact that non-compliance with this request may end up in legal obligations.

Please dispatch copies of the following with your reply:

1. The agreement which authorizes you to collect debt on the assumed debt.
2. The signed agreement from the debtor confirming to pay the debt.
3. The documents regarding the payments made on this account and validation of the amount.

With regards,

Your Signature
Your Name

---------------------------------------

If they do not respond in 30 days, dispute it with the 3 CRA's which can be done online or by mail.

Message 2 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Please dispatch copies of the following with your reply:

1. The agreement which authorizes you to collect debt on the assumed debt.
2. The signed agreement from the debtor confirming to pay the debt.
3. The documents regarding the payments made on this account and validation of the amount.

If they do not respond in 30 days, dispute it with the 3 CRA's which can be done online or by mail.

None of those 3 things is required by law to be furnished. And unless you live in Texas there is no time limit for a CA to respond to a DV. However until they do all collection activity must stop.

Keep your DV letter short and sweet. Here are 3 examples of what you might say. This is all you need. Send the DV letter CMRRR.

"I pulled my credit bureau report, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt. Under FDCPA 809, send me validation of this debt."

"You claim I owe you a debt. In accordance with FDCPA, send me validation of this debt."

"I received your letter claiming I owe you a debt. Per the FDCPA, send me validation of this debt."

Message 3 of 18
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

You might look at this recent thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/RobertEG-is-this-still-the-ideal-DV-letter/m-...

Fair warning LVNV is one that plays by their own rules meaning they play loose with how far they push or offer information. Such as,  the fact that they say they are a factoring company (they are not) and they add interest fees and other charges but won't provide any basis for these charges nor will they provide any proof basis that they actually own the debt. DO expect them to send you a generic DV letter with the very basic requirements of law and some verbiage that justifies why they need to provide nothing else.  

With LVNV you are dealing with the devil and as long as you give them two pounds of flesh you'll be fine, fight them and expect to be stonewalled.

Sherman Financial Group, LLC.

Sherman Financial Group, LLC, through its subsidiaries, originates, purchases, and services consumer debt in the United States and Mexico. It engages in the direct origination of consumer loans; investment in performing and non-performing consumer debt originated by financial institutions, credit card companies, and retailers; and servicing of consumer assets.

LVNV Funding LLC, ("LVNV") purchases portfolios of both domestic (U.S.) and international consumer debt owned by credit grantors including banks and finance companies, and by other debt buyers. As the new owner of any debt previously owned by another creditor, LVNV's name may appear on a customer's credit report or in a letter from a collection agency.

The management of purchased assets is outsourced to a third-party specializing in the management of these types of consumer assets, Resurgent Capital Services LP (Resurgent). Resurgent is a manager and servicer of domestic and international consumer debt portfolios for credit grantors and debt buyers, including LVNV, and performs these services on their behalf. Resurgent, a licensed debt collector, may perform these activities directly, or in most cases, will outsource the recovery activities to other, independent, specialized, licensed collection agencies.

Confused? that's by design....

Message 4 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

You might look at this recent thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/RobertEG-is-this-still-the-ideal-DV-letter/m-...

Fair warning LVNV is one that plays by their own rules meaning they play loose with how far they push or offer information. Such as,  the fact that they say they are a factoring company (they are not) and they add interest fees and other charges but won't provide any basis for these charges nor will they provide any proof basis that they actually own the debt. DO expect them to send you a generic DV letter with the very basic requirements of law and some verbiage that justifies why they need to provide nothing else.  

With LVNV you are dealing with the devil and as long as you give them two pounds of flesh you'll be fine, fight them and expect to be stonewalled.

Sherman Financial Group, LLC.

Sherman Financial Group, LLC, through its subsidiaries, originates, purchases, and services consumer debt in the United States and Mexico. It engages in the direct origination of consumer loans; investment in performing and non-performing consumer debt originated by financial institutions, credit card companies, and retailers; and servicing of consumer assets.

LVNV Funding LLC, ("LVNV") purchases portfolios of both domestic (U.S.) and international consumer debt owned by credit grantors including banks and finance companies, and by other debt buyers. As the new owner of any debt previously owned by another creditor, LVNV's name may appear on a customer's credit report or in a letter from a collection agency.

The management of purchased assets is outsourced to a third-party specializing in the management of these types of consumer assets, Resurgent Capital Services LP (Resurgent). Resurgent is a manager and servicer of domestic and international consumer debt portfolios for credit grantors and debt buyers, including LVNV, and performs these services on their behalf. Resurgent, a licensed debt collector, may perform these activities directly, or in most cases, will outsource the recovery activities to other, independent, specialized, licensed collection agencies.

Confused? that's by design....

See, the 'fight them and expect to be stonewalled' confuses me.. You mentioned this in my initial thread a week and a half ago as well..

I was able to get my account handled in under a week by filing a Better Business Bureau complaint against them..

Essentially, They placed it on my credit report, did not send me a dunning notification, nor did they have a valid address on the credit report. I sent a debt validation letter to the addressed listed on the report and it came back to me.. 

I merely complained with BBB that they are violating the applicable statues of the FDCPA, and when I called Resurgent/LVNV on Friday (complaint on Tuesday) they indicated the account had been closed and all reporting would be taken off my report.

The item fell off today. 

I am not discounting what you said, Pipeguy, as they seem to be a beast in some cases and wimps in others, but if you Google the web, my story is similar to many who fought back against LVNV/Resurgent with a little bit of knowledge, BBB and or AG complaints..

I consider myself fortunate..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 18
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:
See, the 'fight them and expect to be stonewalled' confuses me.. You mentioned this in my initial thread a week and a half ago as well..

I was able to get my account handled in under a week by filing a Better Business Bureau complaint against them..

Essentially, They placed it on my credit report, did not send me a dunning notification, nor did they have a valid address on the credit report. I sent a debt validation letter to the addressed listed on the report and it came back to me.. 

I merely complained with BBB that they are violating the applicable statues of the FDCPA, and when I called Resurgent/LVNV on Friday (complaint on Tuesday) they indicated the account had been closed and all reporting would be taken off my report.

The item fell off today. 

I am not discounting what you said, Pipeguy, as they seem to be a beast in some cases and wimps in others, but if you Google the web, my story is similar to many who fought back against LVNV/Resurgent with a little bit of knowledge, BBB and or AG complaints..

-scott

Scott, I think the difference is they did a "mortgage dump" on you (my term) meaning they poisoned your CRs when you applied for a mortgage in hopes that you would PTD quickly for a OOS account no longer reportable TL. I blame the CRAs just as much if not more for this nasty little trick because they notify the CAs when you (anyone) goes for a mortgage due to underwriting standards requiring a clean (per se) report. I think they folding quickly on you because their media was so weak they had not bothered to pursue this TL in the first place. Yes I think you were lucky to get it deleted so quickly, but just as much unlucky because you had to fight back against a tactic that never should have been manipulated in the first place against you. [ I'm going off of memory of your original post, mortgage, etc - I didn't book mark]

I've been fighting a tradeline with LVNV for close to two years and yes I've filed a BBB complaint that ended with "we disagree in so many ways" but without LVNV yielding. They have no case or proof, I've invited them to sue me (its OSS so they won't) because even as a nervous pro se defendant I would rip them to shreds in court for violations of Regulation Z (truth in lending), Unjust Entrenchment, Usury laws, Perjury, re-aging of accounts, monthly addition of fees inflating the balance and then reported as "updated past due" monthly, etc.

It's not worth my time or effort to continue to fight LVNV as far as taking them to court since it'll fall off my report in less than a year anyway. I've disputed this with all 3 CRAs serveral times with no success (that system is weighed against the consumer, guilty until proved otherwise verified by e-Oscar when address or DOB or SSN match its verified as a valid tradeline).

Google LVNV and yeah you'll see hundreds of stories about how Sherman LLC operates, I've seen very few with a happy ending unless you were part of the Maryland class action lawsuit. Over the last two years I've studied their operation from the rip off Credit One "bank" to the 3 card monte song and dance of LVNV "factoring" with  subletting to Resurgent who in turn sublets to a multitude of contracted CAs (designed to protect the "top" from FDPCA suits). Has anyone actually received a dunning letter from LVNV before they reported to the CRAs accounts?

To me at least LVNV (et al) represents everything that is wrong with the debt collection business and everything that is wrong with political regulations (the lack of) that allow make believe banks to exist with the sole purpose to screw the public (Credit One, First Premier, etc). These so called "banks" go after the part of the market that can least afford their form of "credit with fees and interest" and yet Congress turns a blind eye.  Credit One Bank = Sherman LLC, LVNV, etc. The primary original purpose of Credit One bank was to dump old debt onto new credit card accounts, add fees, interest, etc and reset the SOL.

Sorry if I got carried away, this "company" and its shell game just really gets to me for more reasons than just the one tradeline I've been fighting.

Message 6 of 18
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@rckstrscott wrote:

The item fell off today. 

-scott

Scott, I think the difference is they did a "mortgage dump" on you (my term) meaning they poisoned your CRs when you applied for a mortgage in hopes that you would PTD quickly for a OOS account no longer reportable TL. I blame the CRAs just as much if not more for this nasty little trick because they notify the CAs when you (anyone) goes for a mortgage due to underwriting standards requiring a clean (per se) report. I think they folding quickly on you because their media was so weak they had not bothered to pursue this TL in the first place. Yes I think you were lucky to get it deleted so quickly, but just as much unlucky because you had to fight back against a tactic that never should have been manipulated in the first place against you. [ I'm going off of memory of your original post, mortgage, etc - I didn't book mark]

I've been fighting a tradeline with LVNV for close to two years and yes I've filed a BBB complaint that ended with "we disagree in so many ways" but without LVNV yielding. They have no case or proof, I've invited them to sue me (its OSS so they won't) because even as a nervous pro se defendant I would rip them to shreds in court for violations of Regulation Z (truth in lending), Unjust Entrenchment, Usury laws, Perjury, re-aging of accounts, monthly addition of fees inflating the balance and then reported as "updated past due" monthly, etc.

It's not worth my time or effort to continue to fight LVNV as far as taking them to court since it'll fall off my report in less than a year anyway. I've disputed this with all 3 CRAs serveral times with no success (that system is weighed against the consumer, guilty until proved otherwise verified by e-Oscar when address or DOB or SSN match its verified as a valid tradeline).

Google LVNV and yeah you'll see hundreds of stories about how Sherman LLC operates, I've seen very few with a happy ending unless you were part of the Maryland class action lawsuit. Over the last two years I've studied their operation from the rip off Credit One "bank" to the 3 card monte song and dance of LVNV "factoring" with  sunletting to Resurgent who in turn sublets to a multitude of contracted CAs (designed to protect the "top" from FDPCA suits). Has anyone actually received a dunning letter from LVNV before they reported to the CRAs accounts?

To me at least LVNV (et al) represents everything that is wrong with the debt collection business and everything that is wrong with political regulations (the lack of) that allow make believe banks to exist with the sole purpose to screw the public (Credit One, First Premier, etc). These so called "banks" go after the part of the market that can least afford their form of "credit with fees and interest" and yet Congress turns a blind eye.  Credit One Bank = Sherman LLC, LVNV, etc. The primary original purpose of Credit One bank was to dump old debt onto new credit card accounts, add fees, interest, etc and reset the SOL.

Sorry if I got carried away, this "company" and its shell game just really gets to me for more reasons than just the one tradeline I've been fighting.

Wow.. I had no idea of how hard this battle with them has been..

I guess since I was in the mortgage dump, they figured I would either pay or fight and it wouldn't be worth it to continue.

Seems like you are getting the royal shaft, I apologize if my comments sounded insensitive.

I also agree with nearly everything you said about the industry as a whole.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 7 of 18
Deka
New Contributor

Thank you all for the information! Quick questions though.

• What is there adress its not listed on myFico report from EQ? 
  • Also there is no account number that I can use in the letter.
  • The account was supposedly open on Sep 2006, come sep 2013 being 7 years does it come off my cr?

This is whats on the report from EQ:

Status as of Mar, 2012
Date opened [?] Sep, 2011
Date of last activity [?] Sep, 2006
Largest past balance [?] $510
Account Type [?] Open Account
Account holder [?] Individual
Scheduled Payment Amount [?] $0
Industry Factoring Companies
Descriptions [?]

Consumer disputes this account information
Collection account
No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] $526

Current Status [?] 120+ days

past due Past Due Amount [?] $526
Seven year payment history [?]
30 days late 0 times
60 days late 0 times
90+ days late 0 times

Once again thx for all the help.

Starting Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 618, EQ 578
Current Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 654, EQ 642

Message 8 of 18
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

LVNV is a nightmare. Their address is a PO Box in Greenville, SC. Look them up on BBB's site. They won't answer your DV (or rather, based on my experience, they will send you a dunning when they get you DV and act like it's a coincidence). If you NEVER got a dunning or heard from LVNV, my suggestion is to just save your time and file a complaint with the BBB. 

Good luck!

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)

Message 9 of 18
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

From the BBB Web Site:

LVNV, Inc.

LVNV, Inc. aka Resurgent Capital Services LP

15 South Main Street Suite 600
Greenville, SC 29601

From Experian:

LVNV FUNDING, LLC

PO BOX 10497

GREENVILLE, SC 29603

From Equifax:

LVNV FUNDING LLC

PO Box 10584

Greenville, SC 29603-0584

From TransUnion (same as Equifax):

LVNV FUNDING LLC

PO Box 10584

Greenville, SC 29603-0584

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.