Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACYS

tag
lyssa29
New Contributor

MACYS

Hi!

I have a 90 day baddie with Macy's because I used my Macys card (that I rarely used)  for a $40 purchase and in my move forgot to update address. It caught up to me with mail forwarding and with late fees it was around $100.

Does anyone have a success with the sweet nectar of GW?  Phone or Letter? What number/address did you use and best approach? 
Angle as  I'm a regular shopper and I miss the deals or geez address thing was overlook and history's been great?

I love you guys.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MACYS

Call regular CSR and ask for break based on not receive statements after your move.

Message 2 of 3
lyssa29
New Contributor

Re: MACYS

CSR stated no goodwill eligibility unless it's a bank error or a Macy's error.  He stated that it wouldn't report your first 30 day late.

Stated I had signed up for paperless billing and I claimed I no longer used that email address. He said move didn't matter because of paperless and didn't matter about email address change.

I tried to argue with reason that changing my physical address and not receiving paper bills was the same as changing my email address and not receiving emailed bills, but no dice.

Wouldn’t budge, I even asked if he would lower it back to a 30.

His advice was to dispute with credit bureaus, but advised that if I try to buy a house, I couldn’t because of a dispute code.

Hmmp.

Guess I'll try letter.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.