cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM 623 dispute *update:success!*

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Midland funding.. Reporting Intallment?

It's a reporting tactic that many of the CAs are using now.  It's not wrong to post as one, however it gives them posting ability that is otherwise not available to a CA.  It's what they do with that where the problems lie.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 21 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Midland funding.. Reporting Intallment?

Message 22 of 43
Gstew
Valued Member

Re: Midland funding direct dispute *update*

updating!

still no word from midland... but i did recieve my green card back with a *Stamped* signature. lol

i got a score watch bump of 5 points the other day for no apparent reason. i decided to sign up with usaa monitoring to see what it was all about. it looks like midland did change some stuff but its like all three agencies are reporting different things. is this just the way usaa looks?

isnt midland supposed to be sending me a letter saying they are investgating my dispute?

ill post a picture of my report now if i can.

Message 23 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 24 of 43
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Midland is reporting as an installment account on my credit as well with a $0 balance (paid it earlier this year) and 120+ days past due. Currently, I don't have a collection account on my credit. By disputing this as described in this thread ... Am I taking the risk of losing points and getting a collection being added onto my file?

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Message 25 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Midland is a CA and FICO will count them as a collection account.

Does it say collection anywhere on the account?

Message 26 of 43
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Yes, it does say collection account.

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Message 27 of 43
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 28 of 43
Gstew
Valued Member

Re: MCM/ Midland installment *update: sent direct dispute*

I think what Guinness is trying to say is that fico picks it up as a collection and that it won't hurt your score anymore than it is. I only disputed because it was out of SoL in my state and it is reporting incorrectly. They can't sue me over the debt anymore. I personally wouldn't mess with it until your SOl runs out. Then dispute away! They get by with this on hundreds of accounts because they call themselves a "factoring company" not a CA. Nothing illegal about it unfortunately but it's awfuly dirty. Midland is a pain in the $&@ JDB
Message 29 of 43
Gstew
Valued Member

Re: MCM deleted!

got a letter today that midland is going to delete from all three CRAs. im feeling golden Smiley Happy all thats left on my report is a 25 thou medical bill from a hospital stay. ugh im not sure i can pay that one.

anyway i hope this helps some of you guys... midland is a tough one to crack!!

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.