Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM HELP PLEASE

tag
stclairstv
New Visitor

MCM HELP PLEASE

Hello all, I would love some input here.  I have been receiving letters and phone call from MCM Midland credit management.  They bought a debt back in 2011 on a debt that is past statue of limitaions in my state.  I know they cannot sue but I have been reading about letters I can write to get them to remove from my report.  Now for the Debt on my credit report the original debt says last payment March 2006 and it says account paid/satisfactory.  To be honest I have no idea if I paid it all but my report says I did.

Account/paid satisfactorily Account closed at consumer's request Account status last updated Mar 1, 2006.  Also the account number is different on the MCM letter.  Same company diff ACt number.  Also MCM is adding interest to this debt.  They say I OWE 7345 and have tacked on over 1k interest.(original debt was 5k and paid down to at least 2k before problems)  And of course they will take a settlement of 5k as per there letter.  According to mcm the debt was closed out on December 21 2009.  They bought it in 2011.  Now the orginal debt states it was march 31 2006 was date of last payment which would put it way past SOL in my state and past the 7  years on credit report.  Now like I said I did have a account with the original company but do not remember if I paid it all.  Really confused on how to go about this. I do not want to restart the SOL but I would like to fight this because of how my report states the original debt.  Only info they have given me about that it is my debt is my name which is missing a letter, last 4 of social and the original company.  Thanks for the help

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
stclairstv
New Visitor

Re: MCM HELP PLEASE

Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 10
stclairstv
New Visitor

one more thing I have disputed it with credit company and midland has updated it to under dispute and sent a letter stating the info I gave earlier

Message 3 of 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Midland is rough. I just filed a BBB complaint against them. I had two Midland accounts (both unpaid)...they refused PFD, so I decided to let them fall off. They were scheduled to be excluded 10-2013 and 11-2013.  Guess what, they changed the account opening dates on my CR and re-aged the accounts; after that, I disputed them both and they came back updated again!  Now they aren't going to fall off until 2015 and 2016?!? So, I sent a DV letter to them two weeks ago, I haven't heard anything back yet. I am thinking about suing them. I think there are a few others that plan on doing the same. @Dabears, I just saw the PM info..... is it too late for me?

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

@Anonymous is rough. I just filed a BBB complaint against them. I had two Midland accounts (both unpaid)...they refused PFD, so I decided to let them fall off. They were scheduled to be excluded 10-2013 and 11-2013.  Guess what, they changed the account opening dates on my CR and re-aged the accounts; after that, I disputed them both and they came back updated again!  Now they aren't going to fall off until 2015 and 2016?!? So, I sent a DV letter to them two weeks ago, I haven't heard anything back yet. I am thinking about suing them. I think there are a few others that plan on doing the same. @DaBears, I just saw the PM info..... is it too late for me?

If Midland did in fact change the DoFD to make them stay longer than the CRTP they are in big trouble!!!!! I would sue them!!!

Message 5 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Have you contacted the OC and see if the debt has been satisfied? I would start there. 

DaBears

Message 6 of 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@DaBears, they definately changed the DoFD...I don't have any proof as the only proof I have was the credit reports that I no longer have. I am going to dig and dig, but i recently shredded almost all of my older credit reports because I had so many laying around.  Smiley Sad when I try to contact the OC I get automatically transferred to Midland. I filed a complaint with BBB...Both Midland accounts were supposed to fall of this month and next month.   

Message 7 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Do you have a current report with them listed? is the OC listed?

Message 8 of 10
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@DaBears I have a current report with them listed...the OC is NOT listed for either of them.  I don't think the OC was EVER listed. Im so pissed I shredded those old reports. Is there any way I could get a copy of an old report I requested from Equifax??? I am going to check my desktop and see if I saved a PDF version. 

I am positive of the exclusion dates though...that is why I started paying everyone else off a few months ago. I KNEW Midland would be off 10/13 and 11/13.  Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You can. It cost a lot of money tho. A Few hundred dollars

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.