Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM getting to settle.

tag
corysti
Valued Member

Re: MCM getting to settle.

Sorry I'm not following you...I'm quite new to this. I have to have something by the 7th...apparently that's the last day unitl it goes to an attorney.

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 517
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I have sent 1 GW letter to them every day for the past month almost (email and snail mail) and still have no outcome... lol.... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 12 of 18
corysti
Valued Member

So would u suggest me to wait and see if they actually give me a summons?

Message 13 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

No, i would send them a DV (if you havent already) CMRRR and state to respond by mail only and then do a PFD if they come back saying the debt has been validated. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 14 of 18
Way
Contributor

My first offer from Midland for immediate pay off was about 90% of the total.  I was able to get the guy to 75% on the first call and he wouldn't budge from there.  I had it faxed over in writing within 5 mins and paid it immediately.  I don't know if they regularly reduce more than that, but I know that you can get 25% knocked off without a lot of effort.

I had zero luck doing a PFD with Midland and so far I've had no luck with GW after the fact, but I'm still trying to get them deleted.

Home Depot - $14300 | Care Credit - $11000 | CCUFL - $10000 | Penfed - $7500 | BECU - $7500 | DCU - $7500 | Overstock - $7200 | Discover it Miles - $5500 | Amex Hilton Aspire - $5100 | Discover it Cash Back - $4200 | Cap One QS1 - $2000 | WF Cashwise - $2000 | Apple - $2000 | Citi AA - $1500 | Amazon - $1200 | Sync Car Care - $1200 | Amex Delta Gold - $1000 | Amex BCP - $1000 | Barclay's Apple - $1000 | Cap One QS1 - $850 | Lowes - $500 | Bealls - $350 | Kohls - $300 | Target - $300
Message 15 of 18
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

If you go to their website and enter the info..they most often offer you a 60% settlement for a one time payment or an 80% settlement for 6 payments.

Message 16 of 18
corysti
Valued Member

So I thought i would post an update to my situation. I spent roughly a month trying to get be able to talk to the guy that was holding my account and finally I got tired of trying and just quit messing with it. Yesterday I recieved a letter from a lawyer in Arkansas that is taking care of this debt for midland. It wasn't a summons to court as far as I can tell from the letter. It basically told me if you like to disput this debt you have 30 days to mail them a letter asking for validation it also says at the bottom to call if you would like discuss payment options. I was going to mail them anyway to try and buy more time but should I mail them a letter asking about the payment options to the account or just call?

Just another update haha! I went ahead and called and they are a thousand times nicer than midland. They said I could pay 500 settlement or pay 65 a month until paid off. They said I have 30 days to call and see which one they wanted me to do.

Message 17 of 18
js0319
Established Contributor

It kind of sounds like you're back where you started with the thread. I would suggest paying the settlement in full, try not to make payments whenever possible.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.