cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM is killing me... please help, I need a quick resolution!!!

tag
ubud
Established Member

MCM is killing me... please help, I need a quick resolution!!!

Hi Everyone! I have a big, big problem that I need resolved right away-

My plans were to apply for a mortgage this week. I have a $800 collection from MCM for a verizon account that went delinquent in of April 2003.I am unsure of the validity of this debt I have been disputing this collection for the last 6 months. I also sent them a DV letter 3 weeks ago. I run my credit today and they have changed this account from a CA DOFD 2003, to an open revolving account, with 120+ as of July 2008 and April 2008 with no DOFD listed (it basically looks like a new ding to my CR). This basically put my chances for being approved for the loan down the toilet as I cannot have any late pays in the last 2 years. (doing a stated income loan, as I am a business owner, requirement are strict)
What can I do to get this deleted yesterday? The amount is only $800 and I will do a PFD. What is the fastest way to make this happen... I am even willing to get an attorney involved.
By the way, they are also majorly mispelling my last name... don't know if that helps.
Any advice on what I can do right away would be great. Thanks so much in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: MCM is killing me... please help, I need a quick resolution!!!

@ubud wrote:
Hi Everyone! I have a big, big problem that I need resolved right away-
My plans were to apply for a mortgage this week. I have a $800 collection from MCM for a verizon account that went delinquent in of April 2003.I am unsure of the validity of this debt I have been disputing this collection for the last 6 months. I also sent them a DV letter 3 weeks ago. I run my credit today and they have changed this account from a CA DOFD 2003, to an open revolving account, with 120+ as of July 2008 and April 2008 with no DOFD listed (it basically looks like a new ding to my CR). This basically put my chances for being approved for the loan down the toilet as I cannot have any late pays in the last 2 years. (doing a stated income loan, as I am a business owner, requirement are strict)
What can I do to get this deleted yesterday? The amount is only $800 and I will do a PFD. What is the fastest way to make this happen... I am even willing to get an attorney involved.
By the way, they are also majorly mispelling my last name... don't know if that helps.
Any advice on what I can do right away would be great. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi ubud, welcome to the forums!

I didn't see it, so I figured I'd ask if you have tried a PFD with Midland yet. If you're disputes are coming back verified, as unfortunate as it is to say, I don't believe there will be a quick way to remove this item from your reports.

If I were you I would wait and see if they respond to your DV letter. Did you send it CMRRR?
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would file a complaint with the BBB. However, in my experience, it will take you about 30 days or more to get this corrected.
Message 3 of 6
ubud
Established Member

Hi, I have not offered PFD... but I would be more than happy to pay in full for delete if it meant a fast delete.... Should I fax, email, call or mail the PFD offer?
I have also called an attorney, I might consider utilizing their service if need be.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If MCM- Midland Credit Management.........I do not believe they are PFD friendly.
Message 5 of 6
ubud
Established Member

Yes,  it is midland credit managment.
Maybe I can entice them to be PFD with the help of a lawyer?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.