ubud

MCM is killing me... please help, I need a quick resolution!!!

Hi Everyone! I have a big, big problem that I need resolved right away-

My plans were to apply for a mortgage this week. I have a $800 collection from MCM for a verizon account that went delinquent in of April 2003.I am unsure of the validity of this debt I have been disputing this collection for the last 6 months. I also sent them a DV letter 3 weeks ago. I run my credit today and they have changed this account from a CA DOFD 2003, to an open revolving account, with 120+ as of July 2008 and April 2008 with no DOFD listed (it basically looks like a new ding to my CR). This basically put my chances for being approved for the loan down the toilet as I cannot have any late pays in the last 2 years. (doing a stated income loan, as I am a business owner, requirement are strict)
What can I do to get this deleted yesterday? The amount is only $800 and I will do a PFD. What is the fastest way to make this happen... I am even willing to get an attorney involved.
By the way, they are also majorly mispelling my last name... don't know if that helps.
Any advice on what I can do right away would be great. Thanks so much in advance.
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Re: MCM is killing me... please help, I need a quick resolution!!!

ubud wrote:
Hi Everyone! I have a big, big problem that I need resolved right away-
My plans were to apply for a mortgage this week. I have a $800 collection from MCM for a verizon account that went delinquent in of April 2003.I am unsure of the validity of this debt I have been disputing this collection for the last 6 months. I also sent them a DV letter 3 weeks ago. I run my credit today and they have changed this account from a CA DOFD 2003, to an open revolving account, with 120+ as of July 2008 and April 2008 with no DOFD listed (it basically looks like a new ding to my CR). This basically put my chances for being approved for the loan down the toilet as I cannot have any late pays in the last 2 years. (doing a stated income loan, as I am a business owner, requirement are strict)
What can I do to get this deleted yesterday? The amount is only $800 and I will do a PFD. What is the fastest way to make this happen... I am even willing to get an attorney involved.
By the way, they are also majorly mispelling my last name... don't know if that helps.
Any advice on what I can do right away would be great. Thanks so much in advance.

Hi ubud, welcome to the forums!

I didn't see it, so I figured I'd ask if you have tried a PFD with Midland yet. If you're disputes are coming back verified, as unfortunate as it is to say, I don't believe there will be a quick way to remove this item from your reports.

If I were you I would wait and see if they respond to your DV letter. Did you send it CMRRR?
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus

I would file a complaint with the BBB. However, in my experience, it will take you about 30 days or more to get this corrected.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
ubud

Hi, I have not offered PFD... but I would be more than happy to pay in full for delete if it meant a fast delete.... Should I fax, email, call or mail the PFD offer?
I have also called an attorney, I might consider utilizing their service if need be.
Moderator Emeritus

If MCM- Midland Credit Management.........I do not believe they are PFD friendly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
ubud

Yes,  it is midland credit managment.
Maybe I can entice them to be PFD with the help of a lawyer?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}