cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: New Score MCM just sent a letter that there is no more obligation.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MCM just sent a letter that there is no more obligation.

@darwin_wins wrote:
Absolutely. I will definitely wait for an update and see where it is goes. (I know it's going up even if it is not much). Good luck to you too, hopefully you can get rid of them too.

You got a nice collection of cards there.

Thanks. Smiley Happy I've been rebuilding for a year and a half.  Didn't think I would be doing this good so far.  Had to freeze my reports so I can be good.  Helps staying in the rebuilding forum cause being in the types of credit forum can be hazardous to your credit score.Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 16
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

That's a good strategy! I couldn't even apply as my scores weren't good enough for anything. Citi won't give me anything right now as I had a charge off and I settled with them. I took almost 5 years to pay off Amex.

I don't care for BOA cards and I want Chase cards but all of them are tier 1 cards so they don't even pre-qualify me.

Now with 5/24 rule I have to choose the cards carefully. So I will wait till I can get CSP which isn't as good as it was before but 50K is 50k. I will wait till Platium is offered at 100MR.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@darwin_wins wrote:
That's a good strategy! I couldn't even apply as my scores weren't good enough for anything. Citi won't give me anything right now as I had a charge off and I settled with them. I took almost 5 years to pay off Amex.

I don't care for BOA cards and I want Chase cards but all of them are tier 1 cards so they don't even pre-qualify me.

Now with 5/24 rule I have to choose the cards carefully. So I will wait till I can get CSP which isn't as good as it was before but 50K is 50k. I will wait till Platium is offered at 100MR.

Yes.  The 100MR is nice.  I burned Amex years ago, but got back in last summer with the ED card and 660 EX.  The BCP came along when my score jumped up to 685 and the Platinum I got prequalified for thought why not.  I don't really expect to get back in with Chase or Citi, but I would like to qualify for a couple of cards with PenFed.  Been considering maybe Alliant CU, but if I did, I would need to close my account with SDFCU, so I won't consider anything different till December when I try with PenFed again. 

Message 13 of 16
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I applied for PenFed last Sept with 636 EQ and I got a nice limit on their AmEx. I don't use it much but that limit is always good. Also NFCU has a nice limit which I don't use.

Due to my traveling, I have used VX card exclusively and Chase CSP (AU) for car rentals & food. Once I can apply for Platinum I will use that one.
Message 14 of 16
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

So I am still waiting for MF to update the score but I managed to get $1 CCT offer so I checked. After that drop, EX went from 636 to 670 & EX went from 652 to 674.

EQ is showing the latest negative as 0.4 months old (That's when I tried disputing an old a/c in the hopes of getting rid of it instead they came back and reported it as CO. That is supposed to fall in Sept so I may call them mid of this month and see if they do EE 45 days before fall off).

EX has 2 negatives, one paid CO which will fall off in Sept & other one is open CO which will fall off in Sept/ Oct not sure.
Message 15 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: UPDATE: New Score MCM just sent a letter that there is no more obligation.

Same thing is happening to me right now with an old debt that is about to fall.off , all bc I disputed it they came back and updated on me..it sucks
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.