cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM reporting KD on paid account after dispute?

tag
Leadberry
Established Contributor

MCM reporting KD on paid account after dispute?

I had heard that others have had success getting paid MCM tradelines off their CR's by disputing with the CRA's.  I recently tried this with an MCM account that was settled in 2009.  However, the TL was not deleted.  Instead, I just got a notice that the TL has been updated with a disputed status, and as of today it is reported on Experian as KD.  MCM has never reported the account this way.

Is this hurting me?  If so, is there any way to reverse the addition of the KD?  Thanks in advance.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: MCM reporting KD on paid account after dispute?

MCM isn't who reported the KD.  That is a notation EX uses as a description of an account type.  The KD in and of itself has no affect on your score, it is the underlying account that does, such as a CO, BK, foreclosure, etc.

Message 2 of 3
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: MCM reporting KD on paid account after dispute?

@guiness56 wrote:

MCM isn't who reported the KD.  That is a notation EX uses as a description of an account type.  The KD in and of itself has no affect on your score, it is the underlying account that does, such as a CO, BK, foreclosure, etc.

Phew.  Thanks for clarifying that guiness...one less thing to worry about.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.