Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCM won't validate (Update: DELETED!)

tag
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: MCM won't validate

How should I respond to their letter?  I know I have said this before....but I only have 6 collections reporting to all CRAs.  3 CA with 2 accounts each....I am too afraid to PFD with Midland....they don't play fair.  Portfolio Recovery has updated their accounts as collections....FCO won't budge.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 70
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Sorry, if I missed it...What did MCM say in their letter? I am in the same boat and have filed complaints against Midland & Portfolio. Scum of the earth! I'm so sick of them as well.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 32 of 70
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@fixmycred14, They basically said that they need information from me to investigate further and that they can't sue me for the debt at this point...and they would mark the accounts disputed until the investigation is complete. Seems like they would delete since they can't validate right?

Message 33 of 70
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

It's quite possible....fingers crossed. I wouldn't send them jack! If they say you owe then they need to prove it. Did you send the DV again?

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 34 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

@newmomnewme wrote:

How should I respond to their letter?  I know I have said this before....but I only have 6 collections reporting to all CRAs.  3 CA with 2 accounts each....I am too afraid to PFD with Midland....they don't play fair.  Portfolio Recovery has updated their accounts as collections....FCO won't budge.

Was your DV letter to Midland timely (within the first 30 days of initial communication)?

Also, be very wary of Portfolio Recovery.  They got a judgmenet on me with 2 months left on the SOL.  I'm still trying to figure out ways to get it removed.

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 639
Goal Score: 700+

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 35 of 70
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@AccountingGuy wrote:

@newmomnewme wrote:

Was your DV letter to Midland timely (within the first 30 days of initial communication)?

Also, be very wary of Portfolio Recovery.  They got a judgmenet on me with 2 months left on the SOL.  I'm still trying to figure out ways to get it removed.

No DV for Midland, my CRs said they would fall off this month....but they didn't. I disputed Midland through CRs and they came back validated from EX and TU. EQ is still processing it. I filed a BBB complaint and they sent me that letter. I am going to send a DD this weekend. 

As for Portfolio Recovery, those were both paid last year...they are simply reporting inaccurate information now.  E-mailed a GW to remove the TLs, then they updated with more inaccurate info, then I filed a CFPB complaint and sent a DD letter. Haven't heard anything yet.  

FCO accounts are paid as well....just going to continue with my GW routine. Maybe they will be nicer during the holidays!

Message 36 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

Good news (so far)....Experian deleted via my dispute this morning!  I'm not even sure MCM responded.  I'll know my other two dispute statuses shortly.

Care Credit $3k, Cap One $1.25k, Cap One $1k, Credit One $1k, Discover It $800, Walmart $550, Paypal $500, Barclays $500, Valero $300, Amazon $300, Best Buy $300
Message 37 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

Equifax has also deleted! Come on TU!!

Message 38 of 70
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I am so very jealous. @AccountingGuy, did you get the letter I got? Like they were asking me for help with their investigation??? 

Message 39 of 70
AccountingGuy
Valued Member

@newmomnewme, yes.  See my very first post.  I honestly don't think they responded to the CRAs.  That or they backed down after our BBB showdown.

Message 40 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.