Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MED BILLS FROM CA NOT ON FICO REPORT???

tag
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

MED BILLS FROM CA NOT ON FICO REPORT???

When I pulled my fico score yesterday, one of my accounts that i know is in collections (b/c they call/send letters) was not on the report. Does anyone know why? The report that I received with my fico score, is that my credit report? B/c there wasn't a lot of detailed info for me to contact/send letters to the CA...any advice?
Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MED BILLS FROM CA NOT ON FICO REPORT???

Where did you pull your report/scores from?

If they are not there now, does not mean they won't show up later.
Message 2 of 9
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

I pulled it through this web site, when I got my fico score, the report that came with it.

I understand that it may show up, I'm just not understanding why it didn't, when I pulled my cr from freecreditreport.com a few months ago and it was on that as a judgment. But i think on here it didn't say judgment.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long has the letter been coming???...Does the letters say they are going to report if you don't pay???...you might be in the 30 day period...
Message 4 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Did you pull just one report/score or all 3?  They only have to report to one. You may not have pulled the report they're sending info to.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 9
FICOfit
Contributor

I didn't think a CA, or any other derog info necessarily HAD to be reported at all.  Most do, though, because it gives them leverage.  I've had quite a few CAs never report, even though some went unpaid.
05/19/08 TU: 703 EQ:717 EX:710

05/08 TU:660 EQ:710 EX:621
04/08 TU:654 EQ:671 EX:618
3/08 TU:608 EQ:624 EX:623
11/07 TU:564 EQ:555 EX: 560
Goal: 700 club by Dec 2008. Can it be done? Heck yeah!! It's done, let's keep it that way!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because you receive a letter from a CA does NOT mean that it will appear on you CR!!

I get them off and on & pitch them...BUT  I know that I do not owe any past debt or if I do that they are past CRTP and SOL.

The letter that you receive should tell you who they are trying to collect for. You might know if & when that bill is from.

IF you are positive that it is not your's or it is past SOL.....send them a simple letter telling them NO phone calls   CMRRR     do not send this unless you are positive!

Medical bills are handled different from other debt!!!!!!!

To protect your rights under HIPAA, you should not write or correspond with a Collection Agency regarding a medical collection account within SOL.
This process is not applicable if the account is valid and you are unable to pay.  The medical claim must either be paid, inaccurate, or you are prepared to remit the valid correct amount due with the HIPAA letter.
The Pre-HIPAA letter is sent to the CRA to dispute medical collection accounts on your CR that are within SOL and are:  paid, valid but unpaid, "not mine" or inaccurate.
  1. Dispute a paid medical collection directly with the CRA and they should delete.  If not deleted, but verified, send HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert b). 
  2. Dispute valid but unpaid medical collections because you need the CRA to verify the balance.  There may be no valid balance due and the CRA will delete.  Only after the CRA has verified and you agree that the amount is correct is the HIPAA letter sent with payment (Whychat's process - insert a).  The payment amount should be the same amount as was verified by the CRA and on your CR.
  3. If the medical collection account is "not mine" or inaccurate, you need to have disputed the medical collection listing with the CRA.  Only after the CRA verifies and does not delete an invalid or inaccurate medical collection do you send the HIPAA letter (Whychat's process - insert a or b).

Message 7 of 9
butterflygirlinluv
Regular Contributor

Thank you Happy,
but i'm still confused about this HIPPA law. It's not making any sense to me or how I would use it in my situation. I have 6 accounts with CA that are medical. 4 of them, their first date of deliq was in 2001, 2002, 2003. Should I send any letters to the CRA or the CA in regards to these, since they will fall off my report soon? How can I sent a HIPPA letter to the OC when they have nothing to do with this account any longer...or am I being mistaken? I have made contact with the CA in regards to all 6 accounts...what should I do? Can I still contact the OC, because all 6 have to do with one hospital. Or do i just let them fall my report. I can't afford to pay all of them. I do have a judgement against me ( a medical bill for $240) how would I go about getting this taken off...a GW letter? Or do i need to wait?

These accounts in collections are killing me..i need to be led down the right path to get these off my report..and I just don't know how to go about all this.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw a med bill from 2008 was reported by avante usa. I have has full coverage medcal since 1999. Avante said they could not get ahold of me.  I knew of this bill in 2008 I talked to the hospital and told them there was a mistake and gave them my info have not heard anything till now it shows up on my credt report. What can I do about this? I called the hospital they said they have no record of me contacting them BS!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.