Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEDI-COMM Services Medical Collection Updating Daily

tag
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

MEDI-COMM Services Medical Collection Updating Daily

On my EX report I have one baddie, it's a medical collection for $1,886 being reported by the collection agency MEDI-COMM.

The weird thing is, for about the last month, they've been reporting, or updating the trade line almost daily. So nearly every day I get an alert from CS saying a new derogatory item has reported.

My question is, what do you think they are up to, reporting every day like this?  Plus it appears they've changed the date on it so it appears it's a new derog that just started reporting in May of this year. When in reality this is about a 4 year old debt.

If I were to pay this thing off, seems that I've heard you should contact the original hospital that the debt was with, not the collection agency. Am I right in this?

Just curious what I should do at this point. They are making me kind of nervous reporting so often lately.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: MEDI-COMM Services Medical Collection Updating Daily

What date was changed?  Is it the same CA that has been reporting all along?

I would contact the OC and see if they still own the debt and will let you pay them and recall it from the CA.

Message 2 of 6
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

What date was changed?  Is it the same CA that has been reporting all along?

I would contact the OC and see if they still own the debt and will let you pay them and recall it from the CA.

The collection on my EX credit report was showing:

Reported Since: 06/2010

Date of Status: 06/2010

Collection as of Jun 2010

Under Payment History there is one block showing a C with 2010 Jun

Now it is showing:

Reported Since: 04/2013

Date of Status: 04/2013

Collection as of Apr 2013

Under Payment History there is one block showing a C with 2013 Apr

So it appears that they created a brand new trad line and changed the info.  I do have copies of both reports showing the differences.

Is this legal or normal behavior?  I'm quite confused on this, but one thing is for certain, it is the same CA and same trade line that is reporting on both, but with conflicting info.

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Is this report directly from EX?

To me it looks like 2 different TLs.  How are they reporting and/or updating monthly?  Is this what you were talking about, changing the reported since date?

Message 4 of 6
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Yep, both reports are directly from EX one I got in Jan 2013 through a dispute, the other I recently purchased in April this year.

yah that reported since date and the date stating collection since date as well as the payment history dates all changed from 2010 to 2013

Edit: Would like to add that both reports are showing the same account number and they are for the exact same amount.

Message 5 of 6
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

Would like to bump this thread in hopes someone may have some info that can help me figure out what to do on this.

Even though the dates have been changed to appear as a new collection, would this be grounds for a dispute? Just trying to figure out what they're up to Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.