Established Member
shamekapta

MEDICAL BILLS

I HAVE SEVERAL MEDICAL BILLS DATING BACK TO 2004, THEY RANGE FROM 99$-1400$,THEY ALL HAVE BEEN BOUGHT BY A CA, I CAN NOW BEGIN TO PAY SUM OF THEM OFF , BUT WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS THERE A WAY TO GET A  PFD FOR ALL OF THEM / OR SHOULD I JUST TRY TO CONSOLIDATE ALL OF THEM INTO ONE MONTHLY PAYMENT LIKE A DEBT PLACE/ I AM REALLY TRYING TO CLEAN UP MY CREDIT, I JUST DONT KNOW WHERE TO START BUT I AM AWARE THAT TIME IS THE BIGGEST THING!!!!

Starting Score: 511 tu,466eq
Current Score: 511,466
Goal Score:700
Valued Member
NuvaMcC

Re: MEDICAL BILLS

What is the total of all collections?

Do you realize that they will no longer appear on your credit report after 7 years? I do not know if it is true or not, but some people believe that if you pay them it resets the clock and they will not fall off until 7 years from the paid in full date.

August 2010 TU FAKO 627 Sept 2010 TU per myFico.com: 643 CL util per myFICO: 88% with a $16,853 revolving balance
Oct 2010: Applied and received new credit lines: CL uil down to 75% EQ 648
Goals: Lower revolving balance, remove medical collection, 700 club
Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

NuvaMcC wrote:

What is the total of all collections?

Do you realize that they will no longer appear on your credit report after 7 years? I do not know if it is true or not, but some people believe that if you pay them it resets the clock and they will not fall off until 7 years from the paid in full date.

Nothing can reset the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period). Whether a derogatory is paid or unpaid it can only be reported for a certain amount of time.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Valued Member
NuvaMcC

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasnt sure if it was a myth or not.

August 2010 TU FAKO 627 Sept 2010 TU per myFico.com: 643 CL util per myFICO: 88% with a $16,853 revolving balance
Oct 2010: Applied and received new credit lines: CL uil down to 75% EQ 648
Goals: Lower revolving balance, remove medical collection, 700 club

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}