cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDLAND FUNDING-- 1ST BANK OF DELAWARE

tag
gogo1980

MIDLAND FUNDING-- 1ST BANK OF DELAWARE

I recently pulled my credit report and saw a charge off from F.B.D that i dont remember having . I also saw a collection from Midland funding (Original Creditor was F.B.D) so I sent them both a debt validation letter. I got one back from F.B.D stating that they do no longer have information regarding the debt that it was sold with all servicing rights to Continental Finance. (and they gave me C.F info I called and they said they have no records) Midland funding hasnt response to validation but why are they collecting if the debt wasnt even sold to them like they claimed on My credit report. its 28 days since i sent them D.V letter. How can I get collection removed from First Bank of Delaware. or why do they report to C.R.A if they have no info on debt. whats my next step???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MIDLAND FUNDING-- 1ST BANK OF DELAWARE

By law (per the FDCPA), DV letters can only go to CAs. The 30 days you might be hinting at is the time frame you (and I) have to send a DV letter to a CA and the 30-day clock starts from their dunning letter. Once the CA has the DV, they have an unlimited amount of time to respond, though they can't engage in collection activity.

I'd wait for Midland's response. I saw within 45 days or so send another. I'd send another for the pruposes of getting them to talk. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD.

For the OC, if they are reporting, all you can do is wait or send a GW asking for a deletion (assuming they report $0).

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

IF you have basis for asserting some inaccuracy in the reporting of the charge-off (an actual error), you could send a direct dispute to the OC under FCRA 623(a)(8).

They are required to investigate, and provide verification of its accuracy.  If they did not retain records sufficient to support their reporting and thus cannot verify, they would be forced to delete.

I am not recommending a spurious dispute, but if you have an actual basis for dispute, you can compel verification or deletion.

Message 3 of 4
dkny
New Visitor

This credit card company ripps you off first bank of delawar they add late charges if your payment is late and they allso called my manager at work I should filed a complaint with the bbb a long time ago but I will now please don't not appaly for any credit cards from this company you will be sorry
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.