Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDLAND FUNDING and debt validation help

tag
swins24
New Contributor

MIDLAND FUNDING and debt validation help

A week or two ago I noticed two accounts listed on my report from midland funding. So I sent out two debt validation letters certified mail with return receipt. Today I got a letter from MIDLAND stating this midland credit management is the services of the above-mentioned webbank account. This is a demand for payment. Please include check or money order for payment. This account may still be report on your credit report as unpaid. At the top of letter it had midland as current owner and web bank as original creditor with an alleged account number. I am trying to do this own my own after hiring lex law and then canceling their service before I was charged. I decided to take the forums advice and try to repair my credit report which has numerous errors on it. My grammar isn't all that great either is another reason why I was going to pay them to do the work for me. So my question is was what they sent proper validation? They did not notify the CRA that I had disputed the debt. They did not send a statement from either of the original creditors nor did they send any info showing were they own the debt. What should be my next move should I dispute with CRA and send them what midland sent me? IM trying to do this on my own instead of hiring lex law to do for me. This was the first time I saw or knew that they were trying to collect an have not received any prior notice to dispute within 30 days either. Any help is greatly appreciated thanx.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: MIDLAND FUNDING and debt validation help

No, it sounds like a dunning notice. 

Which they cannot send unless they validate the debt first.  Providing the DV was timely.

Message 2 of 4
swins24
New Contributor

Thanks for replying. so what should I do next about dunning notice this was the first communication with them i sent letter out as soon as i saw it was on my report never knew that it was until now nor have they sent anything out that im aware of.
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would send them another DV with a copy of the first one you sent along with the green card showing they signed for it.

Maybe the will realize you know what you are doing and validate the debt or quit trying to collect.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.