freewaycompany

Re: MIDLAND SUCCESS - YAY!!!

Please PM me with the info as well. 

Message 32 of 40
hopefull700
Valued Member

Congrats!

I am confused if your process will help me dealing with Midland.

They are reporting as collection account, type of account - open, type of loan - debt buyer account..their reporting also shows I have high balance with them making it look like I have account with them.

Please PM me if you think anything is relevant.

thank you

Message 33 of 40
binky33
Valued Member

Will anyone PM the info. to me as well.

Message 34 of 40
carolP

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but I thought I wld share.  A few weeks or so on here I learned about the FTC ruling.  I did some research and one of my CC acounts was with First bank of deleware, which was then bought out by Midland.  Well, I sent in a copy of the ruling, which can be found in google, in a certified letter.  A week later I called and they told me that this document didn't really say that my account was one of them. So I had to explain that the ruling was for all Compucredit accounts for the corresponding banks.  Anyhow, after all they agreed to delete it off credit reports. Yay!!! I was so thrilled. They are truly difficult.  

** If you speak Spanish, press the Spanish line because their Spanish reps are soo much nicer than the ones in English.  I called various times and they were almost ampathetic, to the point that they gave me advise.  I have another account, which was for a phone company and I was saying how it was a super old account from 2007 and I couldn't even remember, and they told me well then go file a police report and send us a copy and we will delete it for you, it will be marked as identity theft.  So, I have filed a police report and waiting for a copy to send it to them.  Can't wait to see the boost on my credit after these 2 collection deletions. Hopefuly it will be at least 50 points.  Thoughts? 

Message 35 of 40
8in2years
Regular Contributor

I had two Midland account that got deleted. The FTC ruling really did help. I love myfico.

Message 36 of 40
carolP

That's great!  How many points did your score increase when those were removed?

Message 37 of 40
Lourdes73
Established Member

Hi!! I received a letter from Midland for a debt(Credit One Bank) the original amount was $345 and their asking $1233. What I can do? I want rebuild my credit. Also last month they called me to my job constantly.  Help please!!

photo 4e1bbfc3-1162-4fb4-9cac-5068ed6edad7.jpg photo 08994522-6a7a-45e9-8c58-4bcb06e10bf7.jpg photo 4a456208-be41-4f4b-9c6b-80c5072b29d2.jpg
Message 38 of 40
dreamer2014
Regular Contributor

Was it a cc and if so, can you pm the details please? I am currently settling an account with them from VZW. I would really appreciate it as we are in the homebuying process.

Myfico: 03/26/2015: EQ 652, EX 680, TU 738 Barclays

Barclays $4.7K, NFCU Platinum $15K, AMEX BCE $15k, HD $12k, Sams $3.5k, Walmart MC $3.5K, NFCU LOC 10K, GE local Furn store $3.5k, AMEX ED $10.5K
Message 39 of 40
ash0032001

Curious - After submitting your request online how long it take Midland to respond?

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.