Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDLAND is playing games with me

tag
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

MIDLAND is playing games with me

Long story short... midland was reporting a collection on an old aspire visa card. I sent them a letter the middle of October, via certified mail and received the signature receipt but they ignored me completely.

Fast foward to last week.... I filed a complaint with the BBB because they are attempting to collect a debt that falls under the cease and dissist order of a FTC lawsuit for aspire cards.

Today I check my reports and they have added the collection to my "accounts" instead of collections. They are reporting as an open account, factoring company, and reporting 120+ days late.

This account is past the SOL so I'm ready to put up a fight... I'm just not sure how.

Any advice??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: MIDLAND is playing games with me

That is more of the CRAs doing than Midland.

Any collection account is an open account until paid.  Then it will show as closed, or should.

They can report as a factoring company.  They are still a debt buyer.

They can report the worst delinquency on the account when they received it.

Message 2 of 4
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Before they had it listed as a collection and only on 2 of my credit reports. Now they are listing it as an open account (like in the same bracket as my credit cards and installment loans.) on all 3 of my credit reports.

Maybe it was just a coincidence... I'm still hoping something good will come from my BBB complaint.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

IMO, being in the account section is a CRA issue and not the CA.

However, as long as it says collection anywhere on the account, it is still scored as a collection by FICO.

A drawback is these reporting in the accounts are usually counted toward your utilization.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.