Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDLAND reporting weird

tag
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

MIDLAND reporting weird

Some of you may remember my struggle with Midland a while back. I thought I had finally won when they deleted from equifax and transunion. I checked my experian report today and this is what's on thier from midland.

They were reporting it with a balance, as a factoring account, and with 120+ days late. What's with the way they are reporting it now??

NO STATUS.

Date Opened:
09/2009
Date of Status:
09/2009
Reported Since:
09/2009
Last Reported Date:
N/A

Type:
NA
Terms:
1 Months 
Monthly Payment:
N/A
Responsibility:
Individual 

Credit Limit:
N/A
High Balance:
N/A 
Recent Balance:
N/A
Recent Payment:
N/A

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: MIDLAND reporting weird

At first glance, it appears that your problem may be more with the completeness of the commercial credit report than with their reporting.

It does not include all information required to be reported under a collection, most notably the current debt balance that is under collection.

What you have posted most likely does not reflect the entire contents of their reporting.

I would suggest pulling a copy from annualcreditreport.com.

Message 2 of 14
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

At first glance, it appears that your problem may be more with the completeness of the commercial credit report than with their reporting.

It does not include all information required to be reported under a collection, most notably the current debt balance that is under collection.

What you have posted most likely does not reflect the entire contents of their reporting.

I would suggest pulling a copy from annualcreditreport.com.

This is what I got directly from the experian website.... That's why I found it so odd.

Message 3 of 14
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Can anyone give any advice on what is going on with the way it is being reported? Should I dispute it, or would that be a completely terrible idea??

Message 4 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Have you ever disputed it?  That is what a TL looks like while in dispute.

Message 5 of 14
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

No I haven't "disputed" it. I did file a complaint with the BBB and  CFPB. I'me assuming that's what motivated them to remove collection from transunion and equifax. But it's still lingering On experian And reporting like the above.

Message 6 of 14
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

i really wish I knew what to do with this. I can't imagine this vague reporting is following guidelines. But I don't want to dispute it and wake a sleeping giant. Right now experian is the only one it is showing up on 

Message 7 of 14
BSL1229
Established Member

The same thing is reporting on my Hubby's Experian Report for a few years now, ODD!

Message 8 of 14
BSL1229
Established Member

I did dispute this in the past & it's been reporting like this for the last few years now. Is this even legal the way they are reporting it?? Does yours say what my Hubby's says under "my statement"? I also didn't add that statement. Can we get this removed?? I was told by Experian (the ONLY credit bureau to be reporting this BTW) that it will come off next April 2015.

This is what my Hubby's looks like:

Date Opened: 
02/2010
Date of Status: 
04/2010
Reported Since: 
04/2010
Last Reported Date: 
N/A

Type: 
NA
Terms: 
1 Months 
Monthly Payment: 
N/A
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
N/A
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
N/A
Recent Payment: 
N/A

Your Statement:

Account in dispute under Fair Credit Billing Act.

Message 9 of 14
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

@BSL1229 wrote:

I did dispute this in the past & it's been reporting like this for the last few years now. Is this even legal the way they are reporting it?? Does yours say what my Hubby's says under "my statement"? I also didn't add that statement. Can we get this removed?? I was told by Experian (the ONLY credit bureau to be reporting this BTW) that it will come off next April 2015.

This is what my Hubby's looks like:

Date Opened: 
02/2010
Date of Status: 
04/2010
Reported Since: 
04/2010
Last Reported Date: 
N/A

Type: 
NA
Terms: 
1 Months 
Monthly Payment: 
N/A
Responsibility: 
Individual 

Credit Limit: 
N/A
High Balance: 
N/A 
Recent Balance: 
N/A
Recent Payment: 
N/A

Your Statement:

Account in dispute under Fair Credit Billing Act.

When I first posted about this is was reporting under accounts. I just checked it again, and its reporting under collections now. Still no $$ amount listed. It just looks like a generic listing.

I haven't done anything with it because I never really got any advice and I didn't want to piss Midland off by filing a dispute... because then they might report it to the other 2 bureaus again.

I would love to know what to do.... but I'm at a loss.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.