Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDLAND

tag
Omuneek2
Established Member

Re: MIDLAND

Hi Goosedog,
Will you send me the contact info for Midland?

Starting Score: 587
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 61 of 93
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I really need a contact email or fax number for Midland. They won't speak to me by phone. Thanks in advance!

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 62 of 93
fecfec
Established Member

I sent  a certified letter to them. Midland has been removed from my report both tradelines.

Message 63 of 93
finallyawake
Established Member

FecFec what did you put in your certified letter to midland ...was it a GW or DV?

Message 64 of 93
fecfec
Established Member

Actually it was the FTC ruling information. If you search for Midland FTC ruling on this website all th einfo is there.

Message 65 of 93
finallyawake
Established Member

Thank you I will do that

Message 66 of 93
fecfec
Established Member

Search for this topic:   FTC files against CompuCredit, Jefferson Capital concerning credit cards
Message 67 of 93
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

@ Ravensfan2001 --  That's interesting that they won't speak to you by phone...I emailed and snail mailed them and they asked me to call them. The email said they don't want to communicate via email. Go figure! 

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 68 of 93
IamB2
Established Contributor

Hello guys,

I am somewhat surprised to learn how many people are actually dealing with Midland right now. I have an old account with them DOfD as 06/2007 from apparently Tmobile for the amount of $389. They sent me an offer letter saying the debt is too old for us to sue you, but you can pay $233 and we can consider this account paid in full. This is after I disputed the account and they "verified". So I sent them a PFD letter for $150 earlier this month, and waiting to hear back from them

I called them today (the main number on their site) and got nowhere. My account is being handled by another department who just happened to have left for the day before their hours of operation were up. Was advised to call back on Monday. We shall see what happens.

Can someone PM me the contact information. At this point, I may end up just paying them (because it is the right thing to do - it is in fact my debt) and then if they don't accept the PFD, I will just GW them to death. Smiley Happy

If you can PM me their contact info, I would appreciat it.

Thanks in Advance

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 69 of 93
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm . . . I don't know if I fully agree that it's the "right thing to do." I like your .pfd. Despite the fact it is your legitimate debt, the company who you had that debt with has received pretty much full compensation by taking a loss and reducing their tax obligation, then additional compensation by selling your debt to a collector. This collector has paid pennies on the dollar and you owe THEM nothing.

My perspective is, it's the right thing to do when it's the original creditor, it's the expedient thing to do when it's a CA. I also believe that these CAs are encouraged to engage in some pretty dispicable practices by getting the full face value on these "junk debt" purchases. This is all just my particular feeling/philosophy. Your debt is small enough, you can probably pay 50% or 100% with equal ease.  I'd definitely let them respond to your pfd before offering the additional amount. Ultimately, do what works. The cleared credit is worth every penny, even if it's the full amount.

Luck to you!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 70 of 93
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.