Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDLAND

tag
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

MIDLAND

Hello, I have a question. I sent midland a dv letter 2 months ago. I have not heard from them, but they are still on my cr. What do I do now?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: MIDLAND

There is no time frame in which a CA has to respond to a DV.  They just cannot continue collection activity until they do.  Since the TL was on your report prior to the DV, they are allowed to continue reporting.

You can send them another one.  Make copies of the letter and both green cards and send them to the CRA and asked that they be deleted.  It may or may not work.

Message 2 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

You could try disputing with the CRA's i just had them successfully removed. Good Luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

You could try disputing with the CRA's i just had them successfully removed. Good Luck!

If it is a valid debt it is illegal to dispute it and against the TOS of the forum.

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

You can't dispute if reporting accurately, though. I'd send a DV again if legit and then after no response, I would get them to communicate by filing complaints with the BBB, AG, etc.

Message 5 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

You can't dispute if reporting accurately, though. I'd send a DV again if legit and then after no response, I would get them to communicate by filing complaints with the BBB, AG, etc.

Ooops! Thats right, llecs! Smiley Wink

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.