cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOV Letter Response from Equifax, Not Correct?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MOV Letter Response from Equifax, Not Correct?

I sent a MOV letter to Equifax to request information on a couple of items as I was instructed to here and this is th response I got.

Upon reciept of dispute, we first review and consider any relevant information you submitted regarding the nature of your dispute. Often, Equifax then transmit your dispute to the furnisher of information for review and investgation. equifax electronically sends a notifcation of your dispute including a summary of information submitted to the respective furniisher. The furnisher reviiews the information provided, conducts an inviestgation with respect to the disputed information and reports back to us the reviews electroncially.

In case of public record, blah blah.

As appropriate, Equifax then makes deletions or changes to your credit file. The name, address, if reasonably available the telpeonhen umber of the furnishers/soruce of information contacted while processing your dispute is shown under Results of your Investgation section on the letter that accompanies the copy of your revised credit file.

Thank you for giving Equifax Information Services the opportunity to serve you. We appreciate your business.

This doesn't seem like the correct type of response since they didn't provide me any information at all.. Is it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MOV Letter Response from Equifax, Not Correct?

BUMP

Message 2 of 4
mo6579
Contributor

FCRA 611(a)(7) http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/articles/pdf/pdf-0111-fair-credit-reporting-act.pdf

[quote]Description of reinvestigation procedure.
A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.[/quote]

@Anonymous wrote:

Upon reciept of dispute, we first review and consider any relevant information you submitted regarding the nature of your dispute. Often, Equifax then transmit your dispute to the furnisher of information for review and investgation. equifax electronically sends a notifcation of your dispute including a summary of information submitted to the respective furniisher. The furnisher reviiews the information provided, conducts an inviestgation with respect to the disputed information and reports back to us the reviews electroncially.

Not to be devil's advocate, but sounds like they described exactly how they verified the information. They sent they dispute to the furnisher, the furnisher said its all good, and it was all done electronically.

If Equifax ignored evidence you submitted, file a CFPB complaint against them. They'll at least have a human look at it. Thats what it took for my dispute when they reinserted previously deleted information w/o notification. I disputed the reinsertion online then sent a letter CMRRR to their legal department, both ending their canned "we verified the information" answer. Sent my complaint to the CFPB and within a week it was gone.

If a public record (judgement/lien) is your problem, deal with LexisNexis first, they're the ones reporting to the agencies. Once they drop it, you should be able to successfully dispute with the "Big 3".

Current Fico08 TU:654 EX:641 EQ:650 (01/31/2015)
Current Fico04 TU:??? EX:695 EQ:675 (01/31/2015)
03/2013 - TU:567 EX:490 EQ:540
Message 3 of 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

@mo6579 wrote:

FCRA 611(a)(7) http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/articles/pdf/pdf-0111-fair-credit-reporting-act.pdf

[quote]Description of reinvestigation procedure.
A consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.[/quote]

@Anonymous wrote:

Not to be devil's advocate, but sounds like they described exactly how they verified the information. They sent they dispute to the furnisher, the furnisher said its all good, and it was all done electronically.

If Equifax ignored evidence you submitted, file a CFPB complaint against them. They'll at least have a human look at it. Thats what it took for my dispute when they reinserted previously deleted information w/o notification. I disputed the reinsertion online then sent a letter CMRRR to their legal department, both ending their canned "we verified the information" answer. Sent my complaint to the CFPB and within a week it was gone.

If a public record (judgement/lien) is your problem, deal with LexisNexis first, they're the ones reporting to the agencies. Once they drop it, you should be able to successfully dispute with the "Big 3".

+1.  The only thing Equifax answers to in my run with them is a CFPB complaint.  If you have documents proving their dispute results are bogus (which happens alot), I would go and file a complaint.  They respond rather quickly as well.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.