Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOV request timeframe?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

MOV request timeframe?

how long do the CRAs have to provide you the MOV for a dispute? from the date received

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: MOV request timeframe?

15 days from the reciept, plus delivery time..

Per an earlier RobertEG post:

Under the provisions of section 611(a)(7), the consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer a description referred to in paragraph (6)(B)(iii) by not later than 15 days after receiving a request from the consumer for that description.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 5
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

and if they dont? what do you do? if you have a link to a topic already posted you can include that as well. I tried searching but couldnt find the exact answer

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send a complaint to the FTC of the CRA's violation of the provisions of section 611(a)(7).

Message 4 of 5
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

thanks robert! will do.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.