Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY BIGGEST DEBT - HELZBERG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY BIGGEST DEBT - HELZBERG

Help, newbie here trying to repair years of bad credit!

I've paid all my debts except the largest, which is a Helzberg credit card with a $2,646 balance.  I believe May 2011 is when this acct went derogatory, which means it'll fall off sometime in 2018.  I'd like to buy a house before then. I have the money to pay off the debt in full but want to know my best options and or negotiations.

Thanking you in advance for your suggestions.

QT

eq: 637

exp: 632

tu: 631

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MY BIGGEST DEBT - HELZBERG

@Anonymous wrote:

Help, newbie here trying to repair years of bad credit!

I've paid all my debts except the largest, which is a Helzberg credit card with a $2,646 balance.  I believe May 2011 is when this acct went derogatory, which means it'll fall off sometime in 2018.  I'd like to buy a house before then. I have the money to pay off the debt in full but want to know my best options and or negotiations.

Thanking you in advance for your suggestions.

QT

eq: 637

exp: 632

tu: 631

call the collector and settle for PFD, nothing less.  how is your CC ult?  do you have at least 3 cc reporting in good standing? 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was thinking but for some reasons, I don't think they're going to agree to it.  I remember when I called them several years ago to make a pmt plan.  They were very rude, and non-negiatable.  They went even let me set up $100 mo pmts.  He said I'd be paying it for the rest of my life. 

My cc ult is 7%.  $573 on $15k, $599 on $2k and $0 on $450.  The $2k one only shows up 2 cr.  Helzberg for some reason doesn't show up in my cc ult, but when I look at it, it says 126% ult.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's what I was thinking but for some reasons, I don't think they're going to agree to it.  I remember when I called them several years ago to make a pmt plan.  They were very rude, and non-negiatable.  They went even let me set up $100 mo pmts.  He said I'd be paying it for the rest of my life. 

My cc ult is 7%.  $573 on $15k, $599 on $2k and $0 on $450.  The $2k one only shows up 2 cr.  Helzberg for some reason doesn't show up in my cc ult, but when I look at it, it says 126% ult.

just keep trying, there is always a chance when you try.  you pretty much get a different rep every time u call, u just need 1 nice one to say yes. 

IMO, ur scores will gradually go up if you keep making your payments on time and you should be in mid 600s easily. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

should i accept a verbal agreement, if they won't sign a letter or send me one on their letterhead?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

should i accept a verbal agreement, if they won't sign a letter or send me one on their letterhead?

verbal agreement is still an agreement, 99% they will follow thru. 

Message 6 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Comments like this warrant a report to the CFPB for violations of the FDCPA. It can be construed as a threat and threats, cussing one out and other forms of intimidation are illegal.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELZBERG sold to United Debt

Okay so I called cap1/helzberg.  they said the acct was closed and to contact the credit bureau verification dept requesting it be removed.  the acct was sold to united debt, which is not on my credit report YET.  how should i proceed?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted United Debt.  They transferred the debt to National Credit Adjustors.  Oh boy!  This is getting crazy...feeling a little nervous.

Message 9 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Contacted United Debt.  They transferred the debt to National Credit Adjustors.  Oh boy!  This is getting crazy...feeling a little nervous.

This sounds like a JDB round robin. Not much you can do except keep calling to find who has the debt.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.