Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY CAPITAL ONE GW LETTER WORKED!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY CAPITAL ONE GW LETTER WORKED!!!!

I JUST got a letter from CO and they've removed the account. I sent 2 emails and never a response, then I get a letter stating they've "asked the credit bureaus to remove this account from your credit report"! this is so exciting! 

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MY CAPITAL ONE GW LETTER WORKED!!!!

Great news! Congratulations!

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please pm me your GW letter you sent and who / what address you sent it to.  I am tryign to do a GW PFD war on my credit report right now and am preparing them all to send out monday.  I have a Capital one charge off that was originally orchard bank / HSBC that I recently got switched to being just a $0 balance charge off without showing any lates or anything else and is now somehow under my good standing accounts.  I believe I want to try and good will this off my report and have a clean report. 

Sorry so long winded just getting excited to be back on track.  Really just want your exact letter obviously without your name address and account numbers, but including everything you said with the address you sent it to please!

Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

pm sent Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im extremely happy for you!  Just curious did you already pay the collection creditor?  I have the same problem.  May i please please also have a copy of what you wrote?  It would mean the world to me!  but congrats so awesome!

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is amazing youre so lucky! Could you PM me the info as well please? I have been trying to get one old capital one c/o gone. as much info as you can provide i would be eternally grateful

Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats!!! You are truly lucky I've been trying my ass off!

Could you please pm as well, I would be really grateful!!!
Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the letter to anyone who wants it. Just make it yours and put as much information as to why you defaulted on your payments.

Dear representative of the Capital One Executive Office,

How are you today?
I have an out of the box request and I would love to see if you could oblige. I
am in the process of credit restoration to buy a house and a new vehicle which I desperately need, and a negative
factor on my credit report is a charge off from my old Secured Visa card.

Acct #:

Now I do understand the integrity of the credit reporting system, I am also
aware that you all are legally required to report Fair and Accurate information.
Thus not compromising the integrity of the credit game. I am also aware that on a case by case basis, Capital One has allowed goodwill trade line deletions for some customers.

Please understand I am in no way disputing the validity of the report. I am merely asking for an extension to remove this trade line recorded on my account for credit reporting purposes. I realize this is something that is normally not granted. I won’t bore you with a long sob story over why I should receive your favor. Long story short: It was my first credit card after dealing with a fraudulent account . Due to extenuating circumstances from losing I was unable to make the necessary payments on it.  
Capital One has already granted me a second chance in the form of a secured card. I am hoping you can grant a second chance for my credit report.

Are you able to review my account and potentially remove this derogatory
reporting?

Please give me an e-mail back or call  at  if someone can discuss this further!
Thanks in advance for reading my letter.

Sincerely,

Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please PM me with the email for Capital One? Thanks in advance!

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Here's the letter to anyone who wants it. Just make it yours and put as much information as to why you defaulted on your payments.

Dear representative of the Capital One Executive Office,

How are you today?
I have an out of the box request and I would love to see if you could oblige. I
am in the process of credit restoration to buy a house and a new vehicle which I desperately need, and a negative
factor on my credit report is a charge off from my old Secured Visa card.

Acct #:

Now I do understand the integrity of the credit reporting system, I am also
aware that you all are legally required to report Fair and Accurate information.
Thus not compromising the integrity of the credit game. I am also aware that on a case by case basis, Capital One has allowed goodwill trade line deletions for some customers.

Please understand I am in no way disputing the validity of the report. I am merely asking for an extension to remove this trade line recorded on my account for credit reporting purposes. I realize this is something that is normally not granted. I won’t bore you with a long sob story over why I should receive your favor. Long story short: It was my first credit card after dealing with a fraudulent account . Due to extenuating circumstances from losing I was unable to make the necessary payments on it.  
Capital One has already granted me a second chance in the form of a secured card. I am hoping you can grant a second chance for my credit report.

Are you able to review my account and potentially remove this derogatory
reporting?

Please give me an e-mail back or call  at  if someone can discuss this further!
Thanks in advance for reading my letter.

Sincerely,

I have this exact same word-for-word letter saved to my desktop in a text document as well, I think I had someone else on here send it to me a while back I wonder who originally wrote it, it must defiitely work since so many people use it... I still need to give it a try.

Congrats by the way!

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.